Not Engaged Yet
Options

BSC no more!

Because I'm ENGAGED! It hasn't really sunk in yet. Don't get me wrong, I've been so so so happy and excited all evening, but it still just seems a little surreal that it finally happened. I'm so glad that y'all kept me from going too crazy waiting for it. It was sunny and warm today so C and I took a spontaneous trip to Athens for dinner and a stroll through the state botanical gardens. We were standing on a balcony overlooking the wooded area, just talking about life and stuff. As we turned to leave, he popped the question quite unexpectedly. He got down on one knee and gave a lovely speech but it's all a blur now...hoping he jotted it down somewhere because I wish I could remember what he said. He told me later he had planned a big, elaborate thing complete with a photographer to propose to me at the Atlanta Botanical Garden three weeks from now, but the ring came in sooner than expected and he didn't want to wait. I'm happy that it turned out this way because there was no pressure, and it was just us there. He already payed the photographer so we have a engagement session coming up in three weeks!

I spent the whole ride home calling family. My grandma was the first person I called, and before I could tell her our news she told me that my aunt has kidney cancer. That really put a damper on the whole thing...I almost felt guilty about having good news after that. Really bummed because I don't get to see my aunt and her family very much, and they were finally going to visit in April, but now they can't. I'm thankful to have this community where I can share my excitement and not feel guilty.

Anyway, on to the important part! Picture! We asked a stranger to take a picture of us and it turned out horrible, so all I've got to show right now is the disembodied hand until we get legit engagement photos.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: BSC no more!

• Options
    phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Eeeeee congratulations!!!

That ring is GORGEOUS.I love the shape of the halo around the stone. Totally perfect!

I'm sorry to hear about your aunt. It's really tough having good news when other people have bad news (just like it's tough to hear about someone's good news when you're having your own bad news). But I like to think about it as: either aunt would have kidney cancer, OR aunt would have kidney cancer and niece is engaged. Second one is better.

Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    Beautiful ring congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anniversary

• Options
    bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2014
    Congrats!! That's a gorgeous ring!

ETA: I'm very sorry about your aunt :( *hugs*

• Options
    Congrats! Your proposal sounds like it was wonderful, and your ring is beautiful!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    Congrats!!! Your ring is stunning!!! 

I'm sorry to hear about your Aunt, cancer is the suck. Hugs!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Awwwww, yay! Congratulations! Such a sweet story, pretty ring, and too awesome that you'll have engagement pictures soon!

I am so sorry to hear about your aunt. *hugs* Cancer can suck it.
  • Options
    Yay congrats!!! Enjoy planning!
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Options
    Congrats! Beautiful ring. Sorry to hear about your aunt though, *hugs*.
  • Options
    Congratulations! I'm sorry to hear about your aunt.
  • Options
    YAYAYAYYA!!! Congratulations!! I'm so excited for you! Your ring is gorgeous!!

*******************************************************************************************

• Options
    Congratulations!! Your ring is gorgeous :)

So sorry about your aunt...
  • Options
    SQUEE Congratulations! The ring is beautiful and the proposal story only makes it better :)

I am sorry to hear about your aunt, cancer blows. One piece of news doesn't overshadow the other. While your engagement is a more upbeat piece of news, @phira was spot on with her advice. You are definitely allowed to share your excitement, and feel happy about your engagement. 
  • Options
    Sorry about your aunt..
    Congrats on the engagement!! It is so surreal. When FI proposed I literally kept saying for about an hour afterwards "is this real? i don't feel like this is real!" and the next day I woke up and immediately looked to make sure my ring was really there lol

• Options
    Congrats!! Awesome ring!
  • Options
    Thanks y'all! And thank you for your supportive words about my aunt. Really didn't mean to be morbid there...it's just that my mom's family is very negative, and I really needed to vent.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Congratulations!!!!!! Sorry to hear about your aunt. Hopefully you can see her and the rest of your family soon.
  • Options
    Congrats!
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    YAY! CONGRATS! Your ring is gorgeous! 

(Also, very sorry about your aunt)

• Options
    YAY - Congrats!!  I can't wait to hear all about your wedding planning!

(Sorry to hear about your aunt)

Anniversary
  • Options

Congratulations!

Sorry to hear about your aunt.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    Congratulations!! I can't wait to see your photos from the Atlanta Botanical Gardens in a few weeks! FYI in case you didn't already know...the botanical gardens do charge if you're taking professional photos there. I'm sure your FI (EEE!!!) and photographer already worked it out but just in case!

• Options
    @lmhollister - thanks! FI (WHAT?!?!) did mention that there's a high cost to take photos there, so we've decided to do our photos somewhere else. We're thinking Emory campus or downtown Decatur. But now I'm waffling about whether to reschedule the photographer, because I don't know if the trees will be green yet or if the flowers will be blooming three weeks from now.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited March 2014
    @lalalaurita I'd be happy to PM you some locations my photographer sent me. She listed which ones have a cost and which ones don't. We're going this weekend for our photos...I wouldn't be in any doubt that in three weeks most trees will be leafed out or blooming and most flowers should be out. Either way it will be perfect for photos!

• Options
    blabla89blabla89 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2014
    @lmhollister that's exciting! I hope you post pictures and I would love it if you could send me that list!

ETA: Also, who's your photographer?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Congratulations @lalalaurita!!! That is such an awesome proposal and how cool you already have your engagement session set up! I'm so excited for you!
  • Options
    Congrats!! Your ring is amazing!!
    Anniversary

• Options
    congrats to you and your new FI!!
  • Options
    Yeah!!! Congrats.  The ring is beautiful by the way.
  • Options
    AHHH! Congratulations!! Beautiful ring, beautiful story!
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • Options
    Congratulations! Such a cute story and a beautiful ring. I'm sorry about your aunt :(

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards