Wedding Invitations & Paper

XP: Invitation Wording

Good morning ladies. I'm getting ready to order my invitations (I know its early, but I have a coupon that I can not pass up) and I would like  need your help. I cross posted this on the Invitations board. I know some of you frequent both, but the more eyes the better, right?

Invitation:

Jean Lauren Lastname

And

Brian Paul Lastname

Request the pleasure of your company

At the celebration of their marriage

Sunday, the fifth of October

Two Thousand and Fourteen

At Four o’clock in the afternoon

The Venue Name

11 Main Street

Town Valley, New York

Reception to follow

RSVP Card:

Kindly Reply

by

the twelfth of September

M_______________________________

____ seats have been reserved in your honor

Number attending ____

Unable to attend _____

Information Card:

Additional Information

A block of rooms have been set aside for

October 4th and October 5th at

Town Courtyard Marriott

17 Main Drive

Town, New York 12524

1-XXX-897-XXXX

Jenn Jennifer – Event Manager -XXX-350-XXXX

When booking please mention that you are part of the LastName/LastName wedding.

A guest shuttle will be provided for those who are staying at the hotel the day of the wedding. 

More information about the hotel and day-of transportation can be found at our website:

www.WEBSITE.com

or contact us at myemail@yahoo.com.

Sorry this is so long. I just want to make sure everything is as perfect as I can get it and I'm not making any etiquette mistakes. Thank you all in advanced for your help.

Re: XP: Invitation Wording

• Is this an actual wedding or just the reception.

• It looks fine to me.

I would probably note on the hotel card when the room blocks expire so people have that information handy when they're looking at that.

Your RSVP date is a little early, but not enough to worry really.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • laurynm84 It is the actual wedding ceremony and then the reception will follow immediately after in the same location. 
  • HisGirlFriday13 I know it's a bit early. I was going to make it a few days later, but then I thought about our guests, and they are "wait to the last minute" people and will probably be dropping them off in the mailbox on that monday anyway when they realized that they forgot to mail it.I figured I would begin calling the week of the 22nd if I haven't heard anything. 
  • Your wording does not work.  It is not clear that this is an invitation to your wedding.  It sounds like you are already married, and that this is a celebration.
    Etiquette says that when the bride and groom are hosting their own wedding, it should be worded in the passive mode.  Only the first word, and then proper nouns are capitalized, not the beginning of each line.  It should read like a long sentence.  I am assuming here that you are inviting people to your wedding?

The pleasure of your company is requested
    at the marriage of

Jean Lauren Lastname

and

Brian Paul Lastname

Sunday, the fifth of October

two thousand and fourteen

at four o’clock

The Venue Name

11 Main Street

Town Valley, New York

Reception to follow

RSVP Card:

Kindly Reply

by

the twelfth of September

M_______________________________

____ seats have been reserved in your honor

Number attending ____

Unable to attend _____

httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Jean0715 said:
    laurynm84 It is the actual wedding ceremony and then the reception will follow immediately after in the same location. 
    CMGragain has the proper wording; a wedding invitation shouldn't start with "Bride and Groom invite you to their wedding." 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards