New York-New York City

NYC vacation- any restaurant tips?

jenna8984jenna8984 member
First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
edited March 2014 in New York-New York City

Nevermind- my original question was about hotel location but I think I've narrowed it down to Grand Central area so I can take the train in from CT instead of driving.

Anyone have great restaurant suggestions that maybe a typical tourist wouldn't know about or off the beaten path? I've heard there's amazing Greek food in Astoria Queens- is that something I could easily get to by public transportation or would I get lost? Or I love sushi if you've got a great spot that's more low key for locals and not all fancy (aka expensive). Thanks!!

Re: NYC vacation- any restaurant tips?

• Do you have a general area you want to dine in?  There are tens of thousands of restaurants in NYC. :)
  • There are tons of places, Astoria is an easy train ride from Manhattan, but depending on where you are in Manhattan it could be a longer commute.    Some places I love (but require a walk from the subway stop) are Taverna Kyclades, Il Bambino, Queens Comfort and Piccola Venezia Restaurant.

For sushi in ManhattanHasaki is great.  Some of my favorites are La Sirene (it's a byob place), Casa Nonna, Co., Mexicue, the pub at Keen's Steakhouse.
  • awesome thank you!!

• Becco! Dinosaur bbq!
  • Get a NYC Zagut's for the latest and greatest.
    Also go to "restaurant row" west 46th between 8th & 9th Avenues
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards