Chit Chat
Options

Updates, flowers and other things

Update on the makeup: Have a trial scheduled with photographer's recommendation for Monday (next week).  After thinking it over, I think it's best to have someone that's a little more professional doing my make-up on my wedding day.  I called my eyebrow girl and explained that I didn't think she was up to it so I found someone else.  She was okay.  Hopefully next time I do my eyebrows she won't seek revenge.

Update on the guilt trip to invite people I don't like: If you recall, my nephew went to my aunt asking why his aunts and uncles weren't invited to the wedding then my aunt gave me a guilt trip into inviting them. These are his aunts and uncles, my SIL's side of the family so no relation to me.  My mom and dad both came to me separately asking the same thing and I told them no.  They were pretty cool about it.  I expected them to insist.  I said they aren't nice to them so why would I want them at my wedding plus it was way too late to invite them? 

Flowers:  We went to the wholesale florist on Saturday and I let my mom spend an exorbitant amount on wholesale flowers. My mom is a retired florist so "we" (aunt, sister, friend, me) are helping her do the flowers for the wedding.  I was totally frugal up to this point but I'm so not feeling guilty over the flower cost.  Is that bad?  I didn't tell her what to order just showed her what I liked and she took it from there.  I did have to compromise since peonies aren't in season and the wholesaler said the ones they had aren't really worth it. Does that make up for the cost?  ;)

Other stuff: Also had my alterations finished for the wedding gown and treated myself to some new sandals for my Hawaii honeymoon.  Paid off the cake and photographer as well.  A few more things on the to do list but not as overwhelmed as I was on Friday; I had a panic attack in the morning thinking about everything I had to do.  Today I am leaving work early to finalize everything with the venue and pay them off.  

19 days to go!

Thank you all for humoring me with my vents/updates.  It's appreciated more than you know.

Re: Updates, flowers and other things

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards