Not Engaged Yet

IIs, UOs, Confessions, etc.

2»

Re: IIs, UOs, Confessions, etc.

• FoxandBunnyFoxandBunny member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited March 2014
    II: I talked to my internship adviser today and had her look at my resume. She essentially told me that I need to get way more involved on campus and it shouldn't be that hard to become chairman or president of some sort of group. Seriously? I'm going to be a senior next year. If there were any groups I wanted to join I would have done it already. Also, how the hell am I supposed to get a leadership position in less than a year, huh?

Confession: I love and hate the fact that BF is now working a steady job. I love that he now has an income, but I miss being able to call him at any point and talk to him. 

Confession II: I really, really regret stopping horse back riding. I really want to go ride but it's so expensive! 

ETA: Not only am I really wanting to ride, I'm drooling over horses I can't have. I found a fantastic OTTB rescue and I'm drooling over one of their mares even though I can't have her. Horsey people (or whoever is curious) click HERE for the girl I'm dying for. Especially watch the videos of her.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @swazzle I think I am also guilty. I just like to be detailed! :)

II: My best friends from high school. When I tell you that I can only take Friday off when you will be visiting, and that I can only pick you up from the airport during the evenings, don't go behind my back and book flights where you land on Thursday mid-morning and pressure me to take it off because you didn't listen. I love them, but come on.

Confession: I am freaking out about attending my ex-boyfriend's wedding this summer.  I wouldn't miss it for the world, as we have remained very close friends throughout high school and college (we dated in 9th grade for like 5 months). It's mainly about what to give them as a gift to show that I am happy for them, and how his family will react to seeing me there.  I don't think it will be a huge deal, especially since they all know we remained good friends, but I do worry about the "ex at your wedding" comments/eyebrow raises. Fortunately I will be able to bring my BF, and that should help with some of the awkwardness that might ensue (and I am secretly hoping that I can call him my FI by that point.....he has been ring shopping!). 

this happened in NINTH GRADE.  in my part of the country, that's not even HIGH SCHOOL yet.  chill out.  nobody is going to be making comments or eyebrow raises or even thinking anything about it because it was in NINTH GRADE.

...unless you're still in high school or just graduated this past year.  I hope that isn't the case...?
  • @aurorarose41 true.  I still call my ex for car and/or French horn advice.  He's happily married to someone else.  I wasn't invited, but we don't really hang out or anything (I don't live nearby, so it's more of a geography thing).  And we dated from 9th grade through soph year of college, so I think you'll be fine at a wedding of a guy you only dated for 5 months, when you were 13/14.  It's really shouldn't matter that much at the moment
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • @CocoBella no, I am not in high school or newly graduated.  It was many years ago, yes, but his family can be....weird.

@Blue & White, thanks! I am hoping that because it was so long ago, and we were kids, that no one will take it seriously.  The logical part of my mind keeps saying that everything will be fine, but as I mentioned, the family can be odd about these things.  And I think all of us on TK are very well versed in the fact that people can surprise us with reactions to stupid things (see the etiquette board and people defending themselves....).

• Confession: I know I'm one of the people who write novels that @swazzle mentioned...but I promise, i'll keep my next post short and sweet and to the point ;) lol

Irrational Irritation: People who don't use turn signals...EVER! I've lived in Pennsylvania for almost a year and it still pisses me off every time someone does not use their blinker! I mean seriously, if I hit you because you move into my lane without signaling, I'm sorry but it's your fault, not mine.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards