Snarky Brides
Options

KWR- Selfies

I can not stand them!!! "oh, look at me, look how cute I am! I hope I get 100 likes to reassure myself how hot I am!!" UGH!!!! So annoying, especially when those are the only pictures on your whole feed and profile. I'm glad that you got new hight lights or a new shade of lipstick, but seriously.....you are just an AW! Anyone else with me on this?

Re: KWR- Selfies

• Options
    I post the occasional selfie (usually after a dramatic change in my hair - people are always shocked when I cut 12"+ off or dye it a weird color and request pictures) or FI will post a picture of me when we're set-up for a company event (it's amazing how many old dudes will let a cute girl sit in their vintage car). So... like 5 or 6 pictures of me a year? I'm so much more interested in posting the tasty things I cook/bake (I know, I know, people hate that stuff too).

I feel like people who constantly post selfies are just looking for validation. I've seen some amazing weight loss/work-out progressions and aren't usually bothered by them. However, I don't need 29382083470 pictures of what you wore to the bars this month.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    @ cookie pusher, I agree. There is no problem with posting pictures of yourself in those instances. I am talking about the 3 or more pictures a day where they are blowing kisses, and making "duck lips". Why else would someone post so many pictures of themselves everyday if you were not looking for some kind of validation?
  • Options
    Sure, it's crazy annoying, but I don't care about it as much as other posts and pictures (vague status updates anyone?). I just take solace in the fact that I'm happy not to live my life through selfies and the only "likes" I need are from my SO, puppy and dad :)
  • Options
    I don't see anything wrong with taking pictures when you are with someone, out doing something. In your situation, I would do the same. What I have a problem with, is when someone takes a picture of themselves with no one else in the picture and he/she are trying to look cute or sexy. Guys pulling their shirts up, and girls with their boobs hanging out and duck lips. I can never take anyone like that seriously...
  • Options
    I hate various kinds of selfies. I hate the "New shirt" (Zooms right in on cleavage and cuts half of face out of photo) selfies. I hate when people post a lame selfie with song lyrics or a poem or some shit, they're just like "Look at me, I'm all deep and shit." I ESPECIALLY hate when someone posts a selfie where they are CLEARLY trying to make a sexy face and show off, then the caption is "OMG I'm so ugly." Clearly you do not think you're ugly or else you would not be posting so many of these!!!!! I hate the lame faces- duck face, sticking out your tongue, and that weird gritting your teeth face people make where it looks like they're REALLY constipated. Pretty much any selfie without an actual change to appearance annoys me. Sure, if something changes about your appearance like dying your hair etc, you may not have someone to take a photo of you and are probably excited to share- so in that case, yes, post a selfie. But I get very annoyed when people post selfies and look EXACTLY THE SAME in every single one- Dude, it's been about 3 hours since the last photo, don't worry, I did not forget what you look like.
  • Options
    THIS! Exactly what I am trying to say!
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdemFfbS5H0 Let me take a selfie *unchik unchik unchik*

Anniversary
  • Options
    My cousin posts at least 2 selfies a day, usually with her baby as a prop. (As in, the picture is mostly of her making duckface with a baby slapped on her hip for "omg baby" comments. She's not even looking at her daughter.) She also changes her profile picture every 4 hours, usually with pics of her pre-baby body and duckface.

I want to slap her.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • Options
    My uncle just recently started dating a 21 year old. I accepted her friend request and instantly regretted it. She posts at least 5 selfies a day. I hid her updates. But now she tags my uncle in all of the posts so they're still going to show up unless I hid him too. Ugh. 
  • Options
    I unfriend people on account of the amount of LeBouche photos they post of themselves.
  • Options
    This. I do not need to see your Starbucks or "Hey I'm going to Crossfit" pictures either.
  • Options
    I really love being able to hide people's feeds. Although pretty soon it'll look like I have no friends ;)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

@prettybirdy27 are you me? There is someone on my newsfeed who does almost the exact same thing. She hasn't gotten herself into any trainwrecks lately, but she just posted a bunch of selfies where she had tons of dark blue eyeshadow on and bright red lips doing a duck face with the "OMG I'm so ugly" status, and made it her profile pic. And then all of her sorority sisters started commenting about how gorgeous she was, and she literally looks like a clown with all of that makeup.

• Options
    strow34 said:

I really love being able to hide people's feeds. Although pretty soon it'll look like I have no friends ;)

This. I have about 3 friends left. I have zero tolerance for this shit. And I only log in a couple times a week.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards