Pennsylvania

Need Venue Help!

Hi, all! I'd love some help with venue ideas. My fiance and I want to have a fun and casual wedding in a different sort of venue. We've been to our fair share of reception halls for weddings lately, and although they are lovely, it's just not us. We're looking at a pretty small budget but right now we have a guest list of about 160 (which may need to be reevaluated, but anyway...)

We currently live outside of Princeton. My fiance's from Freehold, NJ. I'm from the Lehigh Valley, and within the next two years, we'd like to move back to the Ambler, PA area. So we are open to having our wedding in or around any of these places.

Help! Not sure where to start looking for offbeat venues. :) Thanks so much! 

Re: Need Venue Help!

• Not sure how different you are looking for but we are getting married at Riverview Country Club in Easton. I originally swore off country clubs because they all seem the same. Not sure if you've checked this place out or not but we really liked it because of the beautiful skylight and that it's surrounded by glass. We are planning on doing the cocktail hour on the patio. Also, no one else could beat their price. You don't just choose "package A", "package B" etc....you really get to build your own package. You pick your hors d'oeurve package, bar package and MANY different options for food (plated, buffet, stations) that allow you to adjust for your budget. I think BEFORE tax and gratuity ours will be about $80/person....with a full open bar. Additionally, if you get married in an "off" month you will get a 15% discount. Another place that's a little different that we looked into is Glasbern Inn and Sayre Mansion. Although, I can't remember prices. Good luck!
  • Thanks so much, Marissa! My friend got married at Riverview. It is gorgeous!! I didn't realize it was that affordable, too.
  • We are getting married at Blue Mountain Ski Resort!  Check them out.  BEAUTIFUL views, very affordable.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards