Indiana
Options

Any and All Advice about Venues in Northwest Indiana

Hello everyone!

I am recently engaged and am currently in the hunt for a good reception venue - looking for something within 30 miles of Valparaiso. Hoping to stay under $45 per person for food/appetizers/drinks. I have appointments at The Allure in LaPorte and Trinity Banquet Hall in Chesterton. Does anyone have any other advice as to other reception venues to look into? I want to make sure I look at several within my budget before committing to one. We are getting married in August 2015. Thank you!

Re: Any and All Advice about Venues in Northwest Indiana

• Options
    Be warned, almost every place I'm going to talk about is in Lake County--I don't know much about venues in Porter County.

We're getting married at the Old Lake County Courthouse in Crown Point--you have to use outside vendors for pretty much everything, which I've found kind of nice. Our catering is coming from Screminiti's in Steger--their food is delicious, and prices aren't bad either.

I know someone who just got married at the Avalon in Merrillville, and they said it was pretty reasonable. I've been to bridal shows there and it's pretty and the food was good.

I've attended weddings at the Aberdeen in Valpo and County Line Orchard in Hobart. These were both really nice, but I've heard they might be a bit pricey. And to be honest, for County Line Orchard, I don't really think it's worth the cost.

I know someone getting married this summer at Villa Cesare in Schererville--it looks pretty nice to me, and the catering there is the same as Poplano's restaurant, which I guess people really like.

I also know someone getting married at Strongbow Inn in Valpo, which I don't know much about...but Strongbow bakery has delicious cake!

These might be a bit far, but Wicker Park in Highland is pretty nice and has somewhat reasonable prices, and Centennial Park in Munster has a nice facility as well.

My future in laws went to a wedding at the Halls of St. George in Schererville, which they said was really nice.

If you can go to a bridal show and pick up the bride's guide magazine (http://www.bgbridalshows.com/), tons of venues advertise in there, which should give you plenty of ideas.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards