Snarky Brides

FMIL & Thank You Notes

2»

Re: FMIL & Thank You Notes

• @melbenso I really like this idea - I'll suggest it if the topic comes up again. I don't like to be overly involved in the shower planning, but she refuses to talk to the other hosts so sometimes I can't help it.
  • @ tesgirl123 right? For one of her other relatives' weddings, they did key fobs and I remember thinking, "who would want this? What a waste of money!"
  • @ inkdancer Yes, exactly. I keep reading that on other posts regarding this issue - "well, it takes so much time or how does the bride know where to send her thank you notes?" I don't know how that even makes sense. If everyone coming to the shower is invited to the wedding, surely you have their addresses and NO, it does not take that much time to hand write someone's address on the front. I had to explain that to one of my maids too. She said this is fine because they're getting a free lunch out of the shower and I said, "well, that's an interesting way to look at it. For me, they took the time out of their weekend and bought me a gift (more than likely off a list of things that I picked out)...the least I can do is write them a thank you note all on my own!" This girl also had a wedding in which only the bridal party was offered champagne and "real cake."
  • I have been to only one shower where this was done. It didn't bother me at all, and at first, I was surprised to see how many people were offended by it. I never intended to do it anyway at my shower, but the whole topic got me thinking. I think I might try to get my envelopes addressed ahead of time myself. I won't use anything super expensive, so if I have to trash an envelope over a no-show, it won't be a big deal. Then I can write the notes and mail them immediately.
  • @ inkdancer Yes, exactly. I keep reading that on other posts regarding this issue - "well, it takes so much time or how does the bride know where to send her thank you notes?" I don't know how that even makes sense. If everyone coming to the shower is invited to the wedding, surely you have their addresses and NO, it does not take that much time to hand write someone's address on the front. I had to explain that to one of my maids too. She said this is fine because they're getting a free lunch out of the shower and I said, "well, that's an interesting way to look at it. For me, they took the time out of their weekend and bought me a gift (more than likely off a list of things that I picked out)...the least I can do is write them a thank you note all on my own!" This girl also had a wedding in which only the bridal party was offered champagne and "real cake."
    I'm almost scared to ask what cake that's not "real cake" is...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards