Flowers

DIY Flowers- delivery time, 2 or 3 days ahead for peonies, roses, ect???

Hi all!!

I am about to order all my diy wedding flowers, and wondered if any of you already went through this process or know the answers! I hear conflicting answers, most floral sites (fifty flowers, ect) recommend your flowers being delivered 2 or 3 days before your wedding day, so they can rehydrate and open up.  Is 3 days ok, will they start to wilt by the wedding day, is 2 days better, or not enough to open up?

Also, specifically about peonies... if they are shipped to you in bud form I read they can take up to 4-5 days to fully open to maximum fluffyness.  So why do they still recommend 3 days before?

I'm confused...because I want beautiful full peonies and roses, but don't want them looking like they are on their last leg either, all wilted and old. 

Any one know which way would be best??

Re: DIY Flowers- delivery time, 2 or 3 days ahead for peonies, roses, ect???

• I would call them and ask a customer service rep. But peonies are bitchy flowers. They have a very small window which is their season. Ordered out of season, and their quality will be compromised, and their price will skyrocket
  • Thank you I will call them!  That's the crappy part about DIY flowers, you want it to look perfect on your wedding day, but its all about timing!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards