Chit Chat
Options

some people just don't get it!

One of my Facebook friends liked or commented on one of their friends posts and it came up in my newsfeed, I was bored so I read it. there were about 20 comments so here's the cliff notes:

The bride ordered save the dates for a wedding in 2015, she realized that she did not print the year on the STD's. She asked for suggestions on what to do, people suggested writing in the year, adding a sticker or writing a note on the back. She decided to put a sticker on the envelope with the correct wedding date. She made a comment that it was too expensive to have the STD's re-printed especially since she was sending invitations this Summer.

One of her friends commented and asked why she was sending the invites so far in advance. The bride replied that she wanted to send STD's a year in advance and the invites 6 months in advance. She said once she secured the venue she would send the invites. (the STD have a date and a town/state listed on them). Her friend told her that was too soon and people would forget, the bride replied that she would send STD's twice because she ordered too many!

Looks like her friend was trying to help her, but she is just going to go along with sending invited super early and possibly STD's twice!

Re: some people just don't get it!

• Options
    Wait, she's going to send STDates, then invites, then more STDates? Did I read that correctly? Or how is she sending STDates twice??

What the what?
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options
    For the love of fuck.  There's no cure for stupid.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    She wouldn't know logic if it punched her in the face.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Do feel free to come back with updates on this fiasco.  It sounds there will be some stories to be told.  
  • Options
    So, here's a not-really-funny story. We also have a massive amount of STD magnets. It was cheaper for us to order 250 of them versus the 160 that we actually needed. I have NO idea what to do with them. Do I just throw them out? Can they be re-purposed? They're heavy and taking up space. Anyone have any suggestions?
  • Options

So, here's a not-really-funny story. We also have a massive amount of STD magnets. It was cheaper for us to order 250 of them versus the 160 that we actually needed. I have NO idea what to do with them. Do I just throw them out? Can they be re-purposed? They're heavy and taking up space. Anyone have any suggestions?

You could probably glue other things over top of them and use them as....yeah, I got nothin'.

We needed 76 STDates so I ordered 100. The company didn't deliver on time, so they doubled our order, which meant I got 200 of them. I have no idea what I'll do with the 120-ish I have left.
    Anniversary

• Options
    You could probably glue other things over top of them and use them as....yeah, I got nothin'. We needed 76 STDates so I ordered 100. The company didn't deliver on time, so they doubled our order, which meant I got 200 of them. I have no idea what I'll do with the 120-ish I have left.
    haha oh dear. I'd rather have a discount than double what I need. that is pretty awful 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Well they also gave us free shipping and upgraded it to overnight express delivery. Given that we paid $22 for them, the free shipping and overnight upgrade were worth it.
    Anniversary

• Options
    Well they also gave us free shipping and upgraded it to overnight express delivery. Given that we paid $22 for them, the free shipping and overnight upgrade were worth it.
    Fair enough, I was thinking they just doubled it and I would be thinking "what is the point of that?" haha. :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah, the doubling was pointless, but whatevs, I guess. They came out really well!
    Anniversary

• Options
    Well, she's about as sharp as a marble. 
  • Options
    I would keep 1 or 2 as a keepsake and just give a little weep and toss the rest.  Honestly, there is no point holding onto them when you will most likely never use them for anything.

• Options
    SBmini said:
    Wow, if reordering save the dates are expensive, just wait until she sees postage for mailing things out three times.

And sending out STDs BEFORE getting the venue? That's risky. Super risky. The town could be wrong, or the date if everything gets booked up. This girl needs an ordered check list!
    Exactly! That might be the date and town that she wants to get married, but we all know that may not work out..
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards