Wedding Invitations & Paper

Invite with Fiance's Parents on it

Hi Ladies,

My parents are generous to be hosting and paying for our wedding and my future in laws are not paying for any of it.  We are in the process of finalizing the invites. Do we have to put:

John Smith
son of Patty and Joe Smith

On the invite or can we keep it as:

The wedding of their daughter

Jennifer Jones
to
John Smith

Hope all this makes sense!

Any input would be great
Jenna

Re: Invite with Fiance's Parents on it

• No you do not have to list your FI parents on the invite it they are not hosting.

I would, however, see what your FI says and if his parents not being listed could possibly cause some drama.  If not having them listed will cause WWIII to break out then just list them because in the end it really isn't a big deal.

• Hosting =/= paying. Will FILs be receiving guesting and taking care of their needs? My ILs didn't pay for any of the wedding, but they took care of all the guests on DH's side - in particular those staying at the hotel as his side was all from out of town. :)
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• This is the traditional wording for your wedding invitations:

Mr. and Mrs. John Bridesparents
    request the pleasure of your company
    at the marriage of their daughter
    Bride's First Middle
    to
    Mr. Groom's Full Name
    Day, date
    time o'clock
    Venue
    Address
    City, State

The groom's parents do not normally appear on the invitation unless they are hosting.  The invitation iis not a family tree.  It is a simple note from the hosts (your parents) to the guests telling them who, what, when, and where.  If you are having a church wedding, you "request the honour of your presence".
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards