Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Postage in Canada

So if you're Canadian you probably know our postage is going up as of March 31 from $0.65 to $0.85. We are just about to send our invites but the new stamps aren't for sale yet. The problem is, while our invites will be sent out before March 31, our RSVPs won't be returned to us until after and so we need to put the right amount of postage on assuming they are being mailed at $0.85. I called Canada Post and they said I could buy a .22 stamp to add to the 0.65, but the problem is no one seems to have this 0.22 stamp either! So the alternative is a 0.65,two 0.10s and two 0.01s. How tacky is it to have a small RSVP envelop with 5 stamps on it, as if two isn't bad enough! If anyone has seen this 0.22 stamp in Toronto let me know!

Re: Postage in Canada

• Options
     You should still be able to get permanent stamps. (The ones that don't expire by price). We bought stamps early, & the cost per stamp was going up by the time we mailed them out too. The woman at Canada Post recommended we buy permanent stamps. That way it didn't matter how much the new stamps went up to, because they're always good. You should be able to get them at any Canada Post office. :)

Good luck!

*J
  • Options
    Canada post is no longer selling permanent stamps.  I am patiently waiting to purchase my stamps since my invites will be going out beginning of May. I had sent an email to Canada post and the only answer i was given was to wait til the new stamps come out April 1st. Canada post really screwed us over!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards