Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

DJ services

What is a reasonable budget/cost for a dj? I have no idea what a "normal" dj would cost, let alone one that is great for someone on a budget. HELP LADIES! Any dj suggestions, preferably under $1000 because that's what seems like the cut off point for me (in my opinion). If they offer photobooth services then I'd be willing to spend a bit more. All the advice and suggestions are welcome.

Re: DJ services

• Melodies and Memories is a favorite low-cost option here.  Melody is a very "involved" DJ (she works the crowd a lot, even leads some dances).

LeForce Light and Sound has some varying prices -- we had Cratin for $1250 (plus an additional $500 for some uplights) in 2011.  
    Anniversary

• I absolutely LOVE our DJ.  We are spending about $1000 for DJ & uplighting.  Shelton Productions (if you want their info just message me)
  • We are also using Shelton Productions, and they are the sweetest, most fun people ever! We also are spending around $1000. 
  • I second Melodies and Memories (we actually used Lori). I can't remember exactly how much our package was, but it was under $1k (I think it was $800, including ceremony music)...but that was also back in 2012. Be sure to mention that you heard about them on The Knot and they'll give you an extra discount!
    Anniversary
  • I sent in for her to contact me but have not heard back. A friend of mine owns a bar and actually has someone she's used before and would only be like $650. 
  • I'm using Josh Meeks with Spin DJ Entertainment.  Here is their website www.spinmyevent.com

He has great reviews online here at the Knot and they do have photo booth services that they will package together with the DJ services.  So far I have loved the amount of contact I have received and his professionalism.  The price was right at your budget.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sac0192Sac0192 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I used All Access DJ and they were like $595 but they are willing to work within your budget. I had Ed Markwardt and he was great!
  • we will be using:
    SK Entertainment/Owner and Disc Jockey
    TheMcKinneyDJ.com/MTL18@yahoo.com/972-704-4665
    We met him at the Plano Bridal Show and he was having a special for $700 which includes 6hrs, uplighting and a custom monogram display and we decided to book him that day. looking forward to having him at our wedding Sept 20!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards