Wedding Reception Forum
Options

PLEASE HELP!!!! High Cost Reception Catering

My wedding budget is $15,500 and my guest count is about 175-200. My ideal reception location is somewhere with large doors or  windows and a nice view of the ocean or a lake. So I have been looking at hotels by the beach and golf/country clubs.  I have looked at about 5 places so far and the lowest cost per person I've seen is $95. If I have $95 for my 200 guest cost.....that's my entire budget and more JUST for the reception venue food and the few things that has been included in the catering packages (e.g white linen and seat covers, 2-4 open bar, the cake....) Now I do plan to negotiate with my venues as much as possible but that's a long way to get to about $40 max which is what I want to pay. I'm willing to do a lunch menu so it's a little cheaper so PLEASE

1) List any reception venues that fit my ideal look and has lower catering cost (Preferred locations close to South Florida: Ft Lauderdale, Pompano, Plantation, Davie....) 

2) Let me know do most of these places list the prices this high but do work with you to meet your budget

Thank you so much!!!!! I'm trying for this process not stressful so your help is greatly appreciated.

Re: PLEASE HELP!!!! High Cost Reception Catering

• Options
    lc07lc07 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its

My wedding budget is $15,500 and my guest count is about 175-200. My ideal reception location is somewhere with large doors or  windows and a nice view of the ocean or a lake. So I have been looking at hotels by the beach and golf/country clubs.  I have looked at about 5 places so far and the lowest cost per person I've seen is $95. If I have $95 for my 200 guest cost.....that's my entire budget and more JUST for the reception venue food and the few things that has been included in the catering packages (e.g white linen and seat covers, 2-4 open bar, the cake....) Now I do plan to negotiate with my venues as much as possible but that's a long way to get to about $40 max which is what I want to pay. I'm willing to do a lunch menu so it's a little cheaper so PLEASE

1) List any reception venues that fit my ideal look and has lower catering cost (Preferred locations close to South Florida: Ft Lauderdale, Pompano, Plantation, Davie....) 

2) Let me know do most of these places list the prices this high but do work with you to meet your budget

Thank you so much!!!!! I'm trying for this process not stressful so your help is greatly appreciated.

This is an international board so most of us are not able to help you with location specific questions. Try posting this on your local board to see if the ladies in your area can give you specific information about your location.

In my experience elsewhere in the country, some caterers were flexible with price but it changed what was offered. Other venues were not flexible at all, had minimums and were doing multiple weddings per day and didn't "need" my business so to speak since they were already so busy.

I hope your local board can point you in a helpful direction!
  • Options
    Some general ideas, since I'm in NC and know nothing about Florida venues:

1. Look into smaller towns/suburbs.

2. Consider renting a venue that will allow you to bring in a caterer (VFW hall, a garden, etc.) and get a restaurant to cater, or see if there is a restaurant with a large enough space to rent (may need to cut your guest list a bit for that option.

3. Cut your guest list and use the expensive venue.
  • Options
    Signature Grand
    SOHO Event Studios
    Riviera Events
    Long Key Nature center the hall is $1400 and seats 200 people and then if you get catering at about 50 a person you should be good I know a caterer who is really good let me know
  • Options
    @lashawn what venue and catering are you using? I am having a hard time finding a reasonable place for 160 guests
  • Options
    Thank you all you responses and suggestions.  I booked my reception venue!!! I was blessed and was able to find an older country club called Boca Dunes for about $50 per person including photo, video, dj, centerpieces, and cake. The only thing is I have a select option of vendors I can work with so I'm still seeing how that's going to work out.  So it is possible for a reasonable price catering for wedding reception. Yayyy. It was just a lot of work to look for it. Hope I can help a future bride.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards