Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Removed

LadyBirdSikxLadyBirdSikx member
First Comment
edited March 2014 in Wedding Reception Forum
Removed due to incredibly rude and assumptive responses. No need to worry myself with these types!

Re: Removed

• Options
    if you go to the local boards for las vegas, the ladies there will be willing to assist. :) congrats
  • Options
    Thank you southerncutie! Didn't even realize the local boards existed until just now. I asked them so hopefully they can help me think of something.
  • Options
    You can't have a wedding reception where your guests have to pay for their own dinner.  How about saving the travel money you are using to get to Vegas and hosting a simple reception (cake/punch?) at home?

If you want to invite people to your ceremony, you have to do something for them after - even if it's just a slice of cake and a cup of coffee, which virtually anyone can afford.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    vsgalvsgal member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    If you can't pay for people's dinner, then don't invite them.  It is incredibly rude to expect people to pay for your party.  Seriously?  These people are paying for a plane ticket, hotel for a couple of days, possible new clothing, a gift and meals.  They are spending upwards of thousands of dollars to see you get married and you can't shell out some cash for a buffet for them.  Figure out how to pay for their meals or truly elope with no one present.

ROCK IS KING!!
  • Options
    LadyBirdSikxLadyBirdSikx member
    First Comment
    edited March 2014
    While I appreciate your sentiment, I am not FORCING the attendants to come to my wedding. In fact, I would prefer it if it were just my fiance and I, but our families would like to be present. That is their prerogative and decision, and they were not invited but rather chose to come on their own. I also think it's incredibly rude to assume you know the dynamics of someone else's personal situation. The attendants are well aware of the circumstances regarding our situation, so I feel no need to explain here. To those that have done nothing but assume, I wish you the best, and to those that have actually contributed to my question; thank you!
  • Options
    If I had a nickel for every time someone called us "Rude,"......

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Removed due to incredibly rude and assumptive responses. No need to worry myself with these types!
    Oh please.  Good luck.  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited March 2014
    While I appreciate your sentiment, I am not FORCING the attendants to come to my wedding. In fact, I would prefer it if it were just my fiance and I, but our families would like to be present. That is their prerogative and decision, and they were not invited but rather chose to come on their own. I also think it's incredibly rude to assume you know the dynamics of someone else's personal situation. The attendants are well aware of the circumstances regarding our situation, so I feel no need to explain here. To those that have done nothing but assume, I wish you the best, and to those that have actually contributed to my question; thank you!
    They are coming because you made the decision to invite them-regardless if you want them there or not.  That obligates you to host them appropriately.  It is incredibly rude to dismiss this as "their prerogative and decision" and fail to host them properly because no, it is YOUR "prerogative and decision" to have them there at all, and deleting your OP did nothing whatsoever to help your case.
  • Options
    Jumped on board because I saw the DD. Lovin' it. 
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
    Funny Awkward animated GIF
  • Options
    This has to be one of the most clueless brides who ever posted!  LOL!  Now that she has DDd. everybody will read this mess she has planned.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    Really?  You do know you've been quoted, right?  All you are doing is drawing more attention to the post.  

The only person here that is rude is YOU.  You can't even buy your friends and family who are traveling hours to see you marry a simple meal??   Klassy.
  • Options
    if i was invited to a wedding out of state which vegas would be other side of the usa i live in new england area. id have to shell out a ton of money airfair is not cheep and where i live in ct we have a farily big airport but flights to vegas are always cheeper out of boston so that means train ride to boston round trip, round trip to vegas hotel new outfit etc plus airfair for my fi train and new outfit. i scrounge up the money to get to vegas i have some money but i want to enjoy what little time i have there so im using that for some entertainment but now you want me to pay for my meal no way i would deline and i hope everyone else does 2
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards