June 2014 Weddings

Wedding Bands

Did you get your yet?

We've done some looking and had one custom designed, and I just got a call that it's ready.  The jeweler is too far away for me to get there until Saturday.  I am so nervous and excited to see it.  I might actually die with anticpation. This GIF below is like me right now:

Anniversary

Re: Wedding Bands

• My wedding band came as a set with my e-ring. I freeeaking love it! FI's we shopped for about a year. We actually had one we already had in mind for him from the same jewelers where he got mine (local store in Erie, PA). We were just browsing rings on the day after Christmas, expecting not to find anything we liked and go buy his ring later on in the day. We had a very tall order though. We wanted two toned gold with a design but not a rough to touch design. Reed's came through for us, which is the same place he almost got me an engagement ring from... actually same sells guy! The nice thing about this place is they would ship it to us when it came in, where the other store refused to ship my engagement ring when we had to get it fixed.

Shopping for male rings is so much harder than females I swear. I even had a headache from it!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • My wedding band came as a set with my e-ring. I freeeaking love it! FI's we shopped for about a year. We actually had one we already had in mind for him from the same jewelers where he got mine (local store in Erie, PA). We were just browsing rings on the day after Christmas, expecting not to find anything we liked and go buy his ring later on in the day. We had a very tall order though. We wanted two toned gold with a design but not a rough to touch design. Reed's came through for us, which is the same place he almost got me an engagement ring from... actually same sells guy! The nice thing about this place is they would ship it to us when it came in, where the other store refused to ship my engagement ring when we had to get it fixed.

Shopping for male rings is so much harder than females I swear. I even had a headache from it!

This, 100%.  My FI was such a pain about his.  But we picked one and his was ready last weekend.  Mine's still 4-5 weeks out and I can't wait to get it.  It's not at all what I thought I would want from looking a pictures but when I actually tried them on it was perfect!
  • FI hasn't had trouble finding rings he wants luckily.  We will probably go and purchase his in April, and it won't take too long for it to come in.

Anniversary

• We've got FI's at home...his came right away.....>:(

We are custome designing mine.  It's a very long process 6 weeks+, and they need my ring the whole time.  So I've been without my ring for a month and probably another 2-3weeks.  We did get a call that the wax models are in for approval.  So I'm excited to see it and get to hold my ring for about a minute....

• FI has his.  I haven't even started looking.  Oops.
    20130121-125529.jpg 
      Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Mine was part of a set with my engagement ring, so FI has had it for a while now and I love it. I picked his out about a month ago and picked it up a little over a week ago. I'm really excited about it. Getting the rings just made it all seem real.
  • Definitely have to agree that finding a band for the woman is harder if it's not a set.  I looked and looked and it doesn't help that I have short, fat fingers. Size 11 to be dismally exact.

Everything had to be custom made and I'm not a patient lady.  It finally came in after what felt like an eternity and it's a little tight.  I decided on a guard/jacket style and my ring sits in it nicely, but it's a little bit raised so while the jacket by itself fits the two together are slightly tight.  ....Okay okay, my finger starts turning red.

I need to get it sized, but I just haven't wanted to deal with that. :P
    Wedding Countdown Ticker}
  • So the custom ring was not as great as I hoped.  It's a bummer and it was still pretty expensive.  So I feel like there is no perfect ring out there.  The one I love is just really expensive and I feel awful about wanting that ring... sigh....

Anniversary

• So the custom ring was not as great as I hoped.  It's a bummer and it was still pretty expensive.  So I feel like there is no perfect ring out there.  The one I love is just really expensive and I feel awful about wanting that ring... sigh....

Did you ask what makes it so expensive, material, stones???

My ring was originally going to be very expensive if we did it as one part add on.  Our jewlery suggested that we break it into two pieces.  The bands on the two pieces will be removed when they go to solder the rings together right before ceremony making it look exactly how we want at about 1/2 of the originial cost.

See if you can ask what is driving the price up and if the jewler has an ideas on how to modify it. 

• @muenginerd it's probably the amount and the size of diamonds.We couldn't break it into two pieces or anything

We decide to go with expensive ring and buy the original.  :-) 

Anniversary

• Nice, glad it worked out!
  • We were very lucky to have his grandma give us her and her husband's rings. The only issue was that they were very thick...like at least 8 mm! But we were able to have a slice cut off to make mine, and the rest refinished and re-engraved to give back to her. :)
  • FI bought my band when he bought my engagement ring. He's keeping it as a surprise for me until the wedding day.  I know what I'm going to get him, I just have to find the time to do it. It didn't help that most of the jewelers in our town don't keep his size (12) "in stock" for trying on. Plus, the employee at a particular jeweler we went to was all in our face when we walked in and went straight to the wedding ring section; he had the perky attitude of "Oh what can I do for you today?? Would you like to see anything specific??" But the minute he found out that we were shopping for FI, not me, he was completely uninterested. Walked away and ignored us the rest of the time, especially once he discovered my FI's ring size. I was pissed.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Okay, so I have a question for you ladies... how many of you are not letting the groom see his ring until it's on his finger? This is the first I heard of it so just curious. I always thought the guy got to pick his out, though it makes sense where he wouldn't lol
  • @melbelleup FI is trying on rings and will pick out his own.  He doesn't wear rings ever so I wanted him to pick it out to like it.  So no surprises.

Anniversary

• @melbelleup FI is trying on rings and will pick out his own.  He doesn't wear rings ever so I wanted him to pick it out to like it.  So no surprises.
    @peaseblossom55 that's how I felt too. I know FI is picky so I might as well get him what he wants (I of course, paid for it)
  • We picked out a very simple platinum band from Blue Nile for me.  I ordered FI's from a website for car, truck, motorcycle enthusiasts.  It is designed to look like a motorcycle tire, which fits him perfectly.  (FI used to race motorcycles and still actively rides whenever weather permits)  Originally it was going to be a surprise for him but I ended up showing him which was good because while he really liked it they had two styles a wide (9mm) and narrow (6mm) and FI thought the wide style was a bit too large so it gave us plenty of time to return it for the narrow style and the designer was fantastic about the return!
    Anniversary
  • Mine is part of a set with my e-ring. I sent FI to the store himself (it's about 3 hours from our house) because he had some business in the area. He was just going to have my e-ring cleaned and inspected, but ended up buying the matching band for me and picked one out for himself. He did well all on his own, and coincidentally chose the exact ring that I had eyed for him 2 years earlier when picking out my e-ring.
  • Just got the call today that mine is ready to pick up. I had diamonds from my grandmother's wedding ring reset into a white gold band. The jewelry store mock up of the ring is attached.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards