Offbeat Weddings

HELP! Can't figure out groom/groomsmen attire!

Our wedding thing is dark enchanted forest. We are taking inspiration from: eleven, lord of the rings, Harry potter, corpse bride, woodland creatures, fairies, gnomes, princes, princesses, witches, Grimm fairy tales etc. in an effort to create our own fantasy. We are doing all of this while still trying to maintain A FEW traditional elements and not be TOO themed or costumey. It is a struggle. I will be wearing an ivory and champagne lace dress with Swarovski elements. It is traditional to an extent, but also very eleven and different. I will also be wearing an elven style forehead circlet. My bridesmaids will be wearing floor length chiffon a dresses, each in a different one of our wedding colors. They are very flown and woodland fairyesque, but in rich, dark colors. None of the girls will be wearing shoes, (just barefoot sandals) including me. Now begins my problems... Now that we're not wearing shoes, it seems weird for the guys to wear shoes.. WHAT can my groom and his groomsmen wear that is not too costumey, matches our theme, is casual enough to be barefoot, but formal enough to match the formality of our attire and the overall event? Please offer any advice, images or links that you can. I am losing my mind, and so are they lol THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING THIS AND FOR YOUR HELP IN ADVANCE!!!!!!

Re: HELP! Can't figure out groom/groomsmen attire!

• What about a really old fashioned looking tux or suit? Something a prince would have worn in the 30's. Or even those black pants with the satin stripe down the side and a loose tunic-y type top. 
  • When I read your description I kept thinking of the show Once Upon a Time. I think some of the men in that (when they're in the Enchanted Forest) wear almost like leather slippers. It's something on their feet, but it keeps it very old world/fairy tale. I agree with PP though, bare feet on an actual forest floor might be uncomfortable.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Black and gold, and nothing frilly is all he really knows so far lol. It's not going to be in an actual forest. I didn't tell anyone not to wear shoes. I told them that I wasn't and they don't want to either. Lol
  • I do like these ideas. My biggest struggle will be finding what we want without an outrageous price tag.
  • I like the idea of slippers or even boots. We will not be on forest ground, just surrounded by forest. Nobody is being forced into anything.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards