Snarky Brides

Am I blowing things out of proportion?

So I just got engaged about two weeks ago, and when one of my friends found out, the first thing she said to me was along the lines "i know we're all going to be moving to different places soon for our residencies but don't forget to invite me to the wedding!"  and on a separate occasion she was talking to my fiance and he said the wedding will probably be in two years or so she goes "oh great i'll be able to make it!"  Mind you I haven't even made a guest list, let alone told people they were or were not invited.   

Fast forward to today: Our final formal is next weekend and I text her since she was in charge of making the request to be seated together as one table and lo and behold the table is full!  Because she didn't think to ask if I was going, she just added some people and gave the other half of the table to someone else to fill with their friends.  

so the point is that I'm annoyed that she's inserting herself into my wedding two years from now but she can't even think to want me to be at her table at a dinner a week from now... but am i making too much of it? 

Re: Am I blowing things out of proportion?

• Yes. People are always excited about weddings and expect to be invited (though I don't know why).

She was rude on two fronts -- the wedding assumption and the table -- but you are over-reacting and making too big a deal out of it.

She's being thoughtless. Don't let it get to you.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Thanks. You're right... I guess I just needed to rant a little. I don't plan on saying anything about it, I'll just let it go and move on
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards