Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Sharing my vendors for my DIY budget wedding...

laurakay0705laurakay0705 member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
edited March 2014 in Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
I just wanted to share the vendors I have found in my search for affordable services!  Granted I haven't had my wedding yet, but so far I am very pleased with their professionalism and organization.  My wedding is a DIY/Budget affair for sure, here's who I have selected:

Flowers: Sam's Club, Cindy at the Addison store is great!  She is an in house floral designer and will work with you to figure out exactly how many flowers you will need to complete all the arrangements and lists what you need to order through Sam's.  When the flowers arrive, she actually makes all the arrangements for a very nominal labor fee and all you have to do is pick them up the night before the wedding.

Photography:  We are using Lorena Burns Photography, she's out of Carrollton.  So far I am super pleased with her work and her pricing is very affordable.  We have our engagements photos in two weeks so when I get those back I will make sure to post.  She has several packages to choose from and offers a second photographer, all the images edited and on a USB drive with a photog release.  It's an awesome deal!  www.lorenaburnsphotogrpahy.com

DJ:  We are going with Spin DJ Entertainment, particularly Josh Meeks.  They also offer uplighting and photo booth services as well as videogrpahy I believe.  They know their stuff!  Super organized and aren't just there to push buttons, he will basically be running the reception and helping us arrange a schedule of events, toasts and songs for the evening.  He was by far the most professional and affordable person I found.  https://www.spinmyevent.com/

Hair & Makeup:  I am using TC Makeup, they come highly recommended here on the knot and the pricing was very reasonable.  I am not having bridals done so I went with their a la carte pricing package and am getting hair and airbrush makeup done for $225. www.tcmakeup.com

Wedding Coordinator:  Here's where it gets good....I have found an awesome lady who is super down to earth and not stuck up snobby like some of the other planners I met with.  Her name is Amy Lacey and she can do full coordination and planning or a day of service.  Although I chose the day of, it is so much more than that. She will help me keep track of contracts, payments and really start stepping in the final month before the wedding and take things of my plate.  She will run the rehearsal and create timelines for the vendors, wedding party and important family and will be there the entire day of the wedding.  Trust me she is FAR more affordable than anyone else I spoke with, and she doesn't have a single bad review.  She's not a listed vendor on here, but several of the DFW girls on this board have talked about her and said she was awesome.  http://amylaceyweddings.weebly.com/

Wedding Dress:  I bought my dress at a shop in North Richland Hills.  This lady has been in the bridal business for a million years and her entire store is sample dresses she purchased from other stores or designers, there are some resale dresses too I believe.  She had TONS of dresses and styles to choose from.  I got my dress, sash and veil for $800  The Kirstie Kelly dress was originally $1250!  http://www.sundaysbridal.com/

Venue:  Canyon Creek Country Club for both the ceremony and reception.  I have to admit that we my fiance works here.  However, the ladies that run the events here are phenomenal, Cammie and Jessica!  And the place is gorgeous!  I would definitely recommend it if you can get in!  http://www.clubcorp.com/Clubs/Canyon-Creek-Country-Club/Weddings-Events
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Sharing my vendors for my DIY budget wedding...

• Options
    what are you paying for each of the services you mentioned?
  • Options
    Here's an update to my original post... I couldn't wait to share some of our engagement photos that Lorena Burns Photography did (she even designed our Save the Date cards), she's seriously amazing and seriously affordable, check her out. www.lorenaburnsphotgraphy.com
    sd.png 489.5K
    sd2.png 910.7K
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards