July 2014 Weddings
Options

Intro - 7/26/14 bride

Hi ladies.

I had totally forgotten that these month boards existed (and while I must admit, I'm bored at work), I found you guys!!!

I'm a July 26th, 2014 bride.  We are getting married in Mexico.  Cannot wait.  FI and I have been together for 10 years and engaged for almost 6 full years.  Not sure what made this round of planning different, but I finally booked a place and have stuck with it.  We are getting married in 4 months!!!  EKKKKKKKKK!  haha.  We have lost several deposits on wedding venues, because I get super excited to plan and then cancel.  Never knew how indecisive I really was until going thru these past 6 years.

Well, I'm super excited to get to know you girls and work thru these last 4 months together. 

Looking forward to chatting with all of you.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Intro - 7/26/14 bride

• Options
    Nice to "meet" you, date twin! Congrats to you! 

Where are you getting married in Mexico?  I went to a wedding in Sayulita years ago and it was beyond fabulous :)

I can't believe we are just over four months away--I have been with FH for just over a year and a half and got engaged in January of this year.  It's been a whirlwind. But, I'm an old broad so we decided why wait now...I've waited this long in life to find someone I even wanted to marry :)

And...my gma is 92, still doing alright and can get around so we are hoping she can be there, but there are no guarantees, the longer we wait...(I'm her first grandchild, not the first to get married, but I know she wants to see me married off, ha).
  • Options

Nice to "meet" you too!  What a great date :-)

We are getting married in the Riviera Maya region, Puerto Morelos to be exact.  We wanted to be close to the airport so that our guests who are only coming in for a few days wouldn't spend the majority of their time traveling.  So we are about a 1/2 hour south of Cancun.

Great news about your grandma.  That is awesome news.  I wish my grandmother were still around to see me get married.  We were very close and I know my wedding day would have been one of her proudest moments.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Sounds lovely!! I haven't been to Mexico on this side of the world but I am sure it will be great. I would have loved to do a destination wedding, that was always my dream...but...you know, things change :) 

I am sure your gma was proud of you every day! (And if you believe in that sort of thing, I am sure she will be smiling on you on your wedding day!)

My other gma passed on years ago, but she gave me an aquamarine ring that I lost right when I first moved to Boston about 5 years ago (it flew off my hand and sunk in the Charles River...I think it was her telling me to put down roots here, I was a bit of a gypsy before).  Anyway...I didn't want a traditional ring, so FH got me an aquamarine as my main stone, surrounded by diamonds...so I think of my "nana" every time I look at it and it makes me smile. Everyone assumes it's my birthstone...it's not...but I love getting to tell the story and remember nana every time I do so. 

(Clearly I don't feel like working today much, either, ha)
  • Options

What a GREAT story!!!  Thanks for sharing it!  I just absolutely love it!

My grandmother most certainly will be with me on 7/26/14...no doubt about that :-)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards