June 2014 Weddings
Options

Should have worded the rsvp's differently

I sent the bridal party their invitations last week. I have already heard from one of the members of the bp that they won't be returning their card, "just mark us down for 2 or 3" (husband and wife in the bp, and they may or may not bring their pre-schooler who was not listed on the invitation but don't know yet). I did receive one of the cards back from another member.

What I should have had on the card was ____ person(s) will be attending     ____will not be attending

Instead I just  did ____will be attending   ____will not be attending

So, if this first one is any indication as to how it will read, they will just mark they are coming rather than the number coming. This particular one I KNOW is only the Bridesmaid and her husband, but I'm afraid I will have to do those stinking follow up calls with others to get the actual number.

I'll chalk this one up to my own mistake, assuming that those who will bother returning their cards will do it the right way.
~*~June 21, 2014~*~

Re: Should have worded the rsvp's differently

• Options
    Oh boy, I just realized I did the same thing! Except mine has X____________________ Mr/Mrs ____ accepts ____ regrets ____ number of kids meals
  • Options
    Is there room to write in "Please indicate the number attending." on the cards?  I realize it might change the look, but it could save a lot of trouble/time. 
    20130121-125529.jpg 
      Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    The invitations are already assembled, addressed, stamped, and sealed.

I know a lot will be just couples, but there are a few with kids that weren't invited. There's also the one person I invited solo and she insists on bringing both her mother abd teen daughter, neither of which I've ever met. I ended up ok' ing it bc I really want her to come; although I fear she's thinking it's going to just be a major free food and booze fest.

If everyone invited comes then we are right at our venue capacity. Fortunately, I know of 10 for sure who won't be coming. Just wishing I would have had the foresight to word it differently.
    ~*~June 21, 2014~*~

• Options
    CheleLyn said:
    The invitations are already assembled, addressed, stamped, and sealed. I know a lot will be just couples, but there are a few with kids that weren't invited. There's also the one person I invited solo and she insists on bringing both her mother abd teen daughter, neither of which I've ever met. I ended up ok' ing it bc I really want her to come; although I fear she's thinking it's going to just be a major free food and booze fest. If everyone invited comes then we are right at our venue capacity. Fortunately, I know of 10 for sure who won't be coming. Just wishing I would have had the foresight to word it differently.
    It seems like it won't that big of an issue then (thankfully).  The kids are always an issue, no matter what you do/write/say.  We are doing online rsvp's mainly due to FI being from Canada and all of his family still living there.  If a name isn't on the online site, one can't rsvp…but they will assume "of course they want little Johnnie, they just have the adults listed here…" or something to that effect.  I just think rsvp is always a headache.

If everyone comes in from Canada, we will be over capacity by 10 people.  But we know at least 40% of those 70ish people won't be able to make the trip, so I think we are OK.  Those invites are already out so we should have a good estimate before the in-country invites go out.
    20130121-125529.jpg 
      Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    It doesn't seem like it will be an issue. To me, I'd read that as "We're all coming *check mark* or 1 is coming 1 isn't *write number* thing. Hopefully it won't be too many phone calls for you :)
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    I went with the RSVP strategy of 
    "We have reserved __ seats for you. 
     M______________   
    ___accepts  ___ regretfully declines" 

We didn't want kids either. We're addressing to the adults only. We hope this works. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We're doing:

Names:                                              Meal choice     Meal Choice      Meal choice

and then check mark boxes for them to choose which meal they want. My one friend did it and I was like in awe over it. I thought it was awesome! But we're also doing plated dinner so needed to know who would eat what.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards