Chit Chat
Options

Squee!!! House hunting tonight! (UPDATED IN THREAD)

2»

Re: Squee!!! House hunting tonight! (UPDATED IN THREAD)

• Options

It is a beautiful home.  If I'm being super picky the kitchen is a little small (but we have a massive kitchen and walk in pantry in our current home) and the master bedroom is a bit small.

BUT...

Everything is updated except for the kitchen countertops and backsplash (not that expensive to update) and we want to build a deck that flows into the three season room. That basement is FRESHLY finished (still working on the trim actually) and goes on forever.  I think it adds another 600 sq ft of living space to the house.

Here are a few more...  I want to shout the news to everyone.  ZOMG we just bought our dream house!!!!!!!

Master Bedroom (you can see the loft area out the door)image

Master bath (above): toilet and shower in its own room.  Vanity is behind the main doors and the closet is to the right.

Smallest bedroom (below): This is right next to the master and the smallest.  This will most likely be the nursery but would also make a good craft room or office. 

Florida room (above) has both screens and doors so it will be nice most of the year.

Back yard (ravine lot)image

photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • Options
    Yay!!! That is so exciting for you!!!! Congratulations! We bought a house in similar shape a few years ago. You'd be surprised what hardware, paint and lights will do to a dated bathroom and kitchen.

I blogged a lot of our reno here: www.houseandhome493.wordpress.com it hasn't been updated in a long time... I should do that.

Here's how to transform a vanity for a few hundred bucks: http://houseandhome493.wordpress.com/2012/01/12/my-budget-vanity-remodel/
  • Options
    congrats.   House looks beautiful.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Congratulations!
  • Options
    Congrats!!!
  • Options
    Beautiful house.....congrats!! 
  • Options
    vmj23vmj23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer

congrats! Good luck!

• Options
    Congratulations!! The house is amazing!
  • Options

The inspection is scheduled for April 9th (assuming the sellers are okay with that).  I'm slightly concerned by the roof and AC but not too worried. 

The house was built in 1983 and my BIL (who owns an HVAC company) says that the unit looks like it is 20+ years old which is pushing the end of its usability. 

The roof looks okay from the ground, but in the pictures you can see the dark streaks (probably just cosmetic) but the accumulation of leaves suggests that it may not have been maintained.  But it could just be a picture taken the day after a big windstorm that blew leaves on the roof.

We have the money for small repairs that may not be worth asking the seller to fix, but if it is major (roof, HVAC, plumbing, structure) they will have to fix it or we will have to walk.

• Options
    Woohoo!! Gorgeous! :) I was at the beach and missed the exciting news
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options

Thanks @photokitty !  Inspection is Wednesday and we are looking at a mid-late May closing date.  We are still negotiating with the sellers.

They need the equity in the property to fund their new house so they want to close on the 20th and then not let us take possession until May 26th (Memorial Day).  Um, no.  Not gonna happen without serious concessions on their part.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards