Ohio-Cleveland

Welcome Basket/Bag

I am putting together welcome baskets for our guests. Our wedding is in Cleveland, OH. My fiance and I both love Cleveland! We are getting married in downtown and we are incorporating Cleveland details in everything. We thought it would be fun to also include some of our favorite Cleveland items in the welcome bags. Almost 1/3 of our guests are from out of town. Does anyone know the best way to collect brochures/maps? I'm having a hard time figuring that out. Also, any Cleveland ideas? Here's what we have so far... Great Lakes Beer, Buckeyes from Malley's Chocolate, Stadium Mustard, Cleveland magnet from Cleveland Store downtown (one of our favorite stores!), Bonnie Bell Lip Smackers, Shearer's Chips

Re: Welcome Basket/Bag

• mlg78mlg78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    I would do a trinket from the rock hall too. The positively Cleveland place is right by the Cleveland Store. They would likely have some great brochures and maps. http://positivelycleveland.reachlocal.com/?scid=1086829&kw=5386088:4153
  • I agree, the Positively Cleveland office has a ton of maps and brochures. We did bags for our out of town guests and included detailed directions and maps from the hotel to church, church to reception, hotel to airport, etc. We also made a list of our favorite restaurants and attractions in town. Those might also be helpful. You have a great list of presents so far....maybe add basic stuff like a bottle of water, packet of tissues, gum/mints, etc.

If you haven't already, ask the hotel if they charge to hand out baskets. Many do. Ours was about $3 per basket, I think.
  • uszakk said:

If you haven't already, ask the hotel if they charge to hand out baskets. Many do. Ours was about $3 per basket, I think.

Oh my goodness great point. I never would have thought to ask about this.
    Other CLE products: DanDee Chips, Jenni popcorn, anything that says CLE on it! Petersons nuts, really you have a great list the area has such a diverse Cleveland's own products that you probably use and buy all the time and don't realize it.
  • Good Ideas!!  Thanks ladies! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards