Wedding Party

Alice in Wonderland Wedding

I have this wonderful idea of wearing blue since my husband and I are already married and Alice wore blue.

My question is, What color do I dress my bridesmaids in?

Re: Alice in Wonderland Wedding

• Hearts?
    Example..? I'm at a loss since I will be the one wearing color and it being such a color friendly theme, I was just looking for some suggestions :)
  • has ANYONE worn a blue wedding dress??
  • Maybe pick three darker colors and do something kind of like this??
  • When I think of Alice in Wonderland colors I think blue, red, and black.
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2014
    Blue is a beautiful color for a Vow Renewal.  You cannot have another wedding, and you will not be a bride.  Here is a good site for Vow Renewal planning.  You do not have bridesmaids when you are not a bride.  Your problem is solved.

http://www.idotaketwo.com/vow_renewal_etiquette.html

httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • I agree, you are having a party, not a wedding. Wear blue if you would but it would be silly to have bridesmaids and be in a wedding gown. You are a wife, not a bride. 
  • I agree, you are having a party, not a wedding. Wear blue if you would but it would be silly to have bridesmaids and be in a wedding gown. You are a wife, not a bride. 
    This.  One hundred times this.

• You are already married. You arent a bride. So bridesmaid dresses are a nonissue
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • EmD88EmD88 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    Hey everyone did you ever think maybe PINKkaboom4269 is married but never had a wedding. It is a special day so if she wants to label herself a "bride" then it is not really a problem. As for the bridesmaids I have seen some vow renewals with them, it is just like a replay of a wedding.

PINKkaboom4269 as for the colour of bridesmaid dresses you need to figure out if the whole ceremony is a play off of Alice and Wonderland or just your dress. 

Alice and wonderland colours are blue and white (Alice), red and black (Queen of hearts), red and white (cards), black and white (cards), purple and pink (Cheshire cat). Dress with card symbols (hearts, clovers, spades, diamonds) would be cute otherwise just chose a colour you feel works well and it doesn't have to relate to Alice in Wonderland.
  • @EmD88 - if she is married, she had a wedding. 
  • EmD88 said:
    Hey everyone did you ever think maybe PINKkaboom4269 is married but never had a wedding. It is a special day so if she wants to label herself a "bride" then it is not really a problem. As for the bridesmaids I have seen some vow renewals with them, it is just like a replay of a wedding.

PINKkaboom4269 as for the colour of bridesmaid dresses you need to figure out if the whole ceremony is a play off of Alice and Wonderland or just your dress. 

Alice and wonderland colours are blue and white (Alice), red and black (Queen of hearts), red and white (cards), black and white (cards), purple and pink (Cheshire cat). Dress with card symbols (hearts, clovers, spades, diamonds) would be cute otherwise just chose a colour you feel works well and it doesn't have to relate to Alice in Wonderland.

So... what you are saying is that if I want to play dress up, do role play with my H, and feel special I get to have another wedding?
  • I have this wonderful idea of wearing blue since my husband and I are already married and Alice wore blue.

My question is, What color do I dress my bridesmaids in?
    If you are already married, then you don't have Bridesmaids at whatever type of ceremony you are now planning. 

And I would be very careful about how you perform your vow renewal ceremony, because acting like you aren't already married and doing things like having a full on 2nd ceremony with vows followed by a reception with spotlight dances, etc. will just make you and your husband look foolish.

Your family and friends will want to celebrate your marriage with you at a party, but they won't want to sit through a theatrical production.

I suggest you read the 1st post in this thread: http://forums.theknot.com/discussion/996776/legally-married-now-having-a-real-wedding-stop-here-first-aka-the-ppd-faq-thread/p1

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• EmD88 said:
    Hey everyone did you ever think maybe PINKkaboom4269 is married but never had a wedding.

No one would think this because if she is married then that means she had a wedding.  How did she get married?!
  • Anyone who is married had a wedding. Why is this concept so difficult for some people? 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Wedding = bride, groom, officiant, license, legal witnesses.  Yeah, she had that.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • I think they should wear white rabbit costumes.

Also you know Alice is a child in that book right? Inappropriate for a grown woman at a wedding. The story is already perverted enough.
  • EmD88EmD88 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    There is common love marriage (that does not have a wedding). Anyways maybe I should rephrase; maybe she didn't have the "wedding" she wanted. I've watch say yes to the dress and people do say now that they can afford it they are going to have a more extravagant wedding. 

blueeyes90 I think that is so sweet. 
  • EmD88 said:
    There is common love marriage (that does not have a wedding). Anyways maybe I should rephrase; maybe she didn't have the "wedding" she wanted. I've watch say yes to the dress and people do say now that they can afford it they are going to have a more extravagant wedding. 

blueeyes90 I think that is so sweet. 
    Except they're not having a more extravagant wedding.  They're having an extravagant vow renewal and pretending it's a wedding.

• "There is common love marriage (that does not have a wedding.)" I genuinely have no idea at all what this means.
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2014
    I think she meant "common law marriage".  It is only recognized as legal in 9 states and the District of Columbia.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Ah ha! Common law. Yes. Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards