Chit Chat

Non alcoholic drinks - how much to buy?

blabla89blabla89 member
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
edited March 2014 in Chit Chat
Trying to figure out how much soda to buy for our wedding. I’ve been searching online but all the info I find is about buying booze, or mixers for booze. We’re doing a limited bar (good wine and beer, FI has the hookup through a friend who works for an alcohol distributor) so we don’t need mixers. Our caterer is providing water and sweet tea but we have to provide the soda.

If you provided your own soft drinks, how did you decide how much to buy and did it work out? Is there a ratio or something? 

ETA: posting here because the Food and Cakes and Reception boards don't seem to get a whole lot of traffic

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Non alcoholic drinks - how much to buy?

• I'd do 4-6 drinks per person, a little more for kids/teens/20s
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I'd do 4-6 drinks per person, a little more for kids/teens/20s

IN THE BOX:
    I'd say that's pretty accurate. Esp. if there are lots of teens, etc that can't/don't want to drink. Also depends on the length of the reception, wouldn't it? If you think 4-5 hours for reception, plus an hour for cocktail hour, I'd fraction around 1-2 sodas per hour, per person. Unless they are heavy soda drinkers, like me. Then maybe 3, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Thanks y'all! Any ideas on how that should be divided for coke, diet coke and sprite?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Hmmm, maybe do 2-3 12 packs each? Or maybe 24 packs. I guess it really can also depend on the crowd. Some might like DC more, where some might regular. I don't think it would hurt to have extra of each JIC. What ever isn't opened can be returned or you can dictate who the extras can go home with as well. Just a thought though. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• melbelleupmelbelleup member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited March 2014
    Thanks y'all! Any ideas on how that should be divided for coke, diet coke and sprite?
    If you're doing just those three, I'd do more coke, then sprite and then diet coke. Diet would be your lowest amount used just because of it's fan based. But like the person said above, you can always return extra so i'd make sure to have tons!  How long is your reception? Are you having a cocktail hour?

ETA: how many people are you thinking of inviting?
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • 90 people, mostly adults. Reception will be three hours plus ~30 minutes mingling time before dinner, so not quite a cocktail hour but we'll need to provide drinks for that time. Returning is a good idea, hadn't even crossed my mind.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• 90 people, mostly adults. Reception will be three hours plus ~30 minutes mingling time before dinner, so not quite a cocktail hour but we'll need to provide drinks for that time. Returning is a good idea, hadn't even crossed my mind.
    Oh, yeah, then you should definitely be fine with several cases each. JIC. @melbelleup has a very good idea, too. If I were a guest at the wedding, regular coke would be my first choice. That's just me though. But it'll probably be the majority choice.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards