Wisconsin

Hor Devours in GB???

I am getting married Fall 2011 and would like to do something 'different' and the FI and I are thinking a substantial hor devours reception. My fear: people are not going to think its enough food. Thoughts of how we can still work with our idea and make it a fun, casual wedding?
FormerlyMsKrop

Re: Hor Devours in GB???

• lwogslandlwogsland member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You just need to provide enough hors douvres to ensure that it qualifies for a meal then.  People wont think anything of it if they are 1. warned ahead of time and 2. theres enough food to fill them up! :)
  • edited December 2011
    If the time span for the reception will include a meal time, then as long as the food is quite substantial and that there is more than plenty to be served, you should be just fine - though I might try to include something on the reception card / invite to give your guests a heads up and this should take care of the guests who may be a bit skeptical as they can plan to eat a little something more beforehand.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • kropee10kropee10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're planning on putting on the invitation 'Hor Devour reception will start at ...'. Luckily my venue is being very flexible in doing a hor devour/buffet style reception. Now I just have to decide on food!
    FormerlyMsKrop
  • DanicaDanica member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hors D'eouvre receptions are gaining popularity very quickly.  Guests LOVE them!  You can also do action stations in addition to any passed or plattered hors d'eouvres.  That gets guests mingling even more and who doesn't love a pasta station, mashed potato station or carving station!?  Fun!  Go for it and as long as your invite accurately relays the type of reception, you're in the clear.  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards