Chit Chat
Options

Taxes done!

We owed a little fed and state, but nothing horrible.   Happy it's all finished till next year.

DH is at work so I'm sitting around wondering what to have for dinner.

What is everyone else doing?

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 

Re: Taxes done!

• Options
    I just did mine! Woohoo for tax refund!

image   image   image

• Options
    I haven't seen a refund in 15 years.  Not that I it bothers me.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    We did ours at the beginning of February and still haven't gotten our refund

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2014
    In the Virgin Islands it would take YEARS for refunds. Not kidding, YEARS.   I got use to setting up our withhold to owe or refund +/- $500.   $500 wasn't going to put us in the poor house if we had to pay nor would it hurt if we had to wait a year or more to get.  

Never changed the routine since we moved back to the states.  This year we owed $300.  PREFECT.

• Options
    We (our CPA) filed ours last week and we got our return today! I've been lucky; I've never had to pay in. I came very close a few years ago though.
  • Options
    I'm such a mean mama.

So Chef D has to sit before he goes to his food bowl. Sometimes I have to say "what do you do?" and then he will sit.  Today he sat pretty far from the bowl when I fixing his dinner.  Which is completely fine. However, I'm a little tease and sometimes will make him sit again.      This was NOT one of those time though.   I gave the "okay" command and watched him go to the bowl.  I went up to the bathroom and came down to him sitting at the bowl.   Poor guy thought it was one of those double sit times and wanted to make sure he was good before he ate.

• Options
    Oh my gosh - poor baby haha he's so well trained though!

image   image   image

• Options
    lyndausvi said:
    I'm such a mean mama.

So Chef D has to sit before he goes to his food bowl. Sometimes I have to say "what do you do?" and then he will sit.  Today he sat pretty far from the bowl when I fixing his dinner.  Which is completely fine. However, I'm a little tease and sometimes will make him sit again.      This was NOT one of those time though.   I gave the "okay" command and watched him go to the bowl.  I went up to the bathroom and came down to him sitting at the bowl.   Poor guy thought it was one of those double sit times and wanted to make sure he was good before he ate.

Awwwwww sweet boy.  Very well behaved.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    pinkcow13pinkcow13 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2014
    Darn I still have to do mine! I always get a refund because of my student loans or grad school tuition which I think helps. FI always ends up owing money, though. Originally the plan was to buy a bottle of Riesling and watch a movie from netflix- still feeling under the weather and the fact that my monthly visitor paid a visit today is not helping matters. But, FI's cousin texted us and invited us out to dinner for his bday so we are going to go. I'm just waiting for FI to be done doing whatever he's doing in the bedroom before we head out. I figure, hey it's Thirsty Thursday, so why not? Plus, I love his cousin and cousins older bro ( who is a GM), so I'd love to spend time with them and celebrate.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    lyndausvi said:
    I'm such a mean mama.

Awwwwww sweet boy.  Very well behaved.
    He  is fairly well behaved, but really he is VERY food motivated.  Did I say VERY?  He will do exactly what you want for as long as you want if food is involved.

• Options
    My dog will do nothing correct if food is involved. He will run like a maniac and jump on your legs if you're holding the food bowl. But that's 12 pounds for ya, and my lack of caring because he's cute.

image   image   image

• Options
    I did my taxes on paper but haven't been motivated enough to go online and file. I still have a couple of weeks, I'll do it before the 15th...
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    I'm hoping for an outcome like Lynda's! I have a feeling we owe a substantial amount. It's our first year married and DH's first year without a child credit, so who knows! We sent our stuff in to the account a month ago. I would really like to close it all out soon.

I am watching TV trying to keep myself awake. Since I have the opportunity to sleep in tomorrow, I don't want to go to bed at the normal time and then pop up at 2am.

• Options
    Dinner done.  Now Chef is snuggling with me on the couch as I channel surf.

• Options
    We did ours mid Feb.  Had federal within one week and NJ was about 2-2.5 weeks.  Our accountant e-filed.  Did you mail in?
  • Options
    JoanE2012 said:
    We did ours mid Feb.  Had federal within one week and NJ was about 2-2.5 weeks.  Our accountant e-filed.  Did you mail in?

We e filed but I think the hold up is the teacher tax deductions.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm very proud of myself for not waiting til the last minute this time! I went in early this week to do them. There's a company that I have been trying to get to change my address for years and last year went ahead and filed without their info because I just couldn't get them to actually do it, but this year whoever I talked to actually walked their little butt over to the fax machine and sent it so YAY. 

There's some new law I don't understand that made it so my stuff couldn't be sent til the 3rd but I still got the info I needed for filing for financial aid so it's all good. This year I qualify for quite a bit and all subsidized while last year I had some unsubsidized, so double yay. 

And this is the first year I get a refund in quite a while so woohoo! Triple yay! More wedding moneys! 
  • Options
    I did mine last month and was shocked at how fast my refund came back. I think it was less than 2 weeks. Sadly, it went right into the wedding fund. 
  • Options
    I need to do mine! I'm terrified that I'm going to owe since I waited tables for most of the year and my paycheck was literally $0 because of taxes. I don't know if they ever got enough from that $2.13/hour that I made.

• Options
    JoanE2012 said:

We e filed but I think the hold up is the teacher tax deductions.
    That stinks.  Hopefully you'll see it soon.

BTW - Your little one is adorable.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards