Chit Chat
Options

New Knot Gods?

@knotsarah @knotcorine @knotporscha

What is going on?  I see in the "recent activity" thread on the left side of the forums that we have two new (and seemingly active) Knot Gods...  Who are they and what are they going to be doing?

photo composite_14153800476219.jpg

Re: New Knot Gods?

• Options
    edited March 2014
    Hey @aprilH81! @knotsarah @knotcorine & @knotlindley are not KGs, but they're part of TK's new Concierge Team. They're weddings experts who work with me here at TK's HQ! :)

The Concierge Team will only be chatting on the local boards, offering advice, tips, and venue suggestions. I've introduced them only on the boards where they'll be hanging out. 

Let me know if you have any questions! 

xoxo,
    KP
  • Options
    Does anyone else have a bad feeling about this?
    Very bad feelings.
    Don't worry guys, I have the Wedding Police AND the Whambulance on speed dial!
  • Options
    Hey ladies, as I mentioned in my post above, they aren't KGs and do not have the ability to moderate. They are here to offer tips and advice on our local boards. 
  • Options
    So they will be recommending vendors? 

• Options
    @KnotPorscha, it's not whether they have the ability to moderate -- by having @KnotName, they have the imprimatur of TK, making them not just regular users. 

In your introductory post of them on the New Jersey -- South board, you say, 'They're here to help with anything and everything -- from etiquette questions to color palettes, from fashion ideas to even wedding vendor recommendations.' (emphasis mine)

That, to me at least, means that they're not really regular users -- unless they've recently gotten married and are recommending their own vendors -- but they're sales people for TK.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, and please clarify if I am, but having an @Knot name makes them not really regular users.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options
    Hey @hisgirlfriday13...no worries! Happy to answer anyone's questions about our Concierge Team. They are not sales people, but are a group of experts on TK's editorial team sharing their advice with brides on (only) the local boards who are actively asking for recommendations, tips, etc. 

They have "knot" in their usernames so local brides can recognize that they are Knot Concierges and are here to help :) 

Happy Friday!
    KP
  • Options
    Does anyone else have a bad feeling about this?
    Yes I do...

Anniversary

• Options
    Hey @hisgirlfriday13...no worries! Happy to answer anyone's questions about our Concierge Team. They are not sales people, but are a group of experts on TK's editorial team sharing their advice with brides on (only) the local boards who are actively asking for recommendations, tips, etc. 

They have "knot" in their usernames so local brides can recognize that they are Knot Concierges and are here to help :) 

Happy Friday!
    KP
    Who decided they are experts? TK? Based on what grounds?

And again, obviously the 'Knot' in their username means that you want other users to trust those posters over the regs. 
    So TK has a ton of poor advice on the website. If they're quoting terrible advice from the website or just in general, I can't imagine it will go over super well.
    This. TK not infrequently has advice that is wrong, contradictory, or clearly based in the realm of fantasy. What's going to happen when these new not-KGs start offering advice that conflicts with real-world advice? 

@KnotPorscha- so how do they know which vendors to recommend? Do they have local experience? Do they vet them? What percentage of their suggestions will be advertisers?
    Also, all of this. Who determines what vendors should be recommended? People who have used them? TK advertisers who are paying extra money to have their business recommended by the Concierge Service?

We have many, many questions, KP and other KGs.
    Anniversary

• Options
    Swazzle said:
    I can't wait to see the etiquette advice given out by "The Knot Concierge."

This is exactly what I was thinking. Bridesmaid "duties" comes to mind.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm seeing 'user not found' for all three of them now. 

• Options
    hmmm. I posted a few questions to knotsarah 's wall and now when I click on her name I get 'Whoops! User not found.' @KnotPorscha What happened? Were we not supposed to contact them?

• Options
    So they will be recommending vendors? 
    Yes.  One of them did on my local board.  I had NO idea she wasn't local.  WTF?!  How can you recommend a venue site (which she did) to someone if you're not even from here?!  What qualifies a place to earn recommendations from a "Concierge"?  OH, right...they pay The Knot.  And their little Concierge's tout those places instead of other places that aren't funneling money to TK.

Brilliant.  {/sarcasm}
  • Options
    "Something is rotten in the state of Denmark" 

Anniversary

• Options
    edited March 2014
    @shaylagirl are you on the Rhode Island board? 

ETA never mind, I found you on Texas, Austin

• Options
    I wonder if I will get banned for bringing this to everyone's attention?  LOL
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    AprilH81 said:
    We would riot!
    From past experiences, we know that they don't care if we protest. 

• Options
    AprilH81 said:
    We would riot!

Well, I'm not going to deactivate, so if this disappears ya'll will know what happended.

I will be busy this weekend so I may not post much until Monday.  ;)

AprilH81 said:
    We would riot!
    I won't be around much this weekend.  We are going to a hockey game tonight along with house hunting and officially putting our house on the market.  If no one hears from me by Monday start the rioting.  lol
  • Options
    April81 you didn't break the TOS. Good find. 

Stranger things have happened...
  • Options
    Yeah, I'm also worried I'm going to get the ban-hammer for calling KP out on WTF these people are doing. 

Maybe @AprilH81 and I will get banned together.
    Anniversary

• Options
    I think April is safe, but the Knot Concierges are gone…
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    *staples @HisGirlFriday13 and @AprilH81 to the forum* Nope, not going anywhere.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    Wait, I found them/her/it name changed to 

TKConcierge

:kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options

I really don't understand why everything has to be so secretive.  Just freaking tell us who they are, what they are doing and why they were only on certain boards. 

They are gone now so now they are probably going to pose as regular users and no one will know who to trust on the local boards.

We need public mods and a KG that is around more than two hours a week.

• Options
    Wait, I found them/her/it name changed to 

TKConcierge

Would have been nice for @knotporscha to tell us what was going on.
  • Options
    Does it link?  @TKConcierge

ETA: I can't get it to link. Does it link for someone else?
    No.

• Options
    AprilH81AprilH81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2014
    Unknown said:
    Hey guys. We made sure to make an introduction on the local boards before the Concierge Team started to post. We changed their username to @KnotConcierge to avoid confusion. 

Stay tuned for a post on TK Tech Help which will explain what what The Knot Concierge is all about.

Thanks,
    KP

You should have done that BEFORE they started posting.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards