Chit Chat
Options

About dang time

I finally booked FI and I's engagement pictures (after four months of being engaged) for April 5. And we are using these for our STD's. YAY! :) Finally. It feels good to check that off of my list.

We are having them taken at a historic house and property. I think we are wearing nice jeans, a nice shirt, and probably boots (since that's what we wear mostly every day). Would it be super cheesey to have a few shots where we change into our favorite MLB team shirts? His is Boston Red Sox and mine is Atlanta Braves (creates a fun household rivalry).

Are there any shots that you think are "must haves." I hate taking pictures and my face starts to hurt after 10 minutes of smiling, but I do want some nice pictures of us. I also don't like super "posed" pictures either. Any suggestions?

Re: About dang time

• Options
    Oh way cool! :) I think the two of you looking happy together is enough for me (but I'm not artsy).  Just wanted to say Yay! and How Exciting! :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think the sports team shirts are a cute idea! The only "must have" is that I wanted our photographer to take at least a few shots of each of us individually. Other than that, I didn't really care. My favorites were the spontaneous moments where we were laughing at each other.
  • Options
    I have a lot of friends that have done different jerseys/sports apparel for the e-photos and STDs. I think they're super cute and really show your personality as a couple.
    imageimage">
  • Options

Thank you! I just didn't want it to look too corny and over done.

We are lucky that there will be two photgaphers to get different angles. I think some of my favorite pictures are ones that are candid or from side shots.

• Options
    Yay exciting! I think the jersey idea is cute.  I had so much with our engagement photos. It was a bit awkward at first but then we felt more comfortable with it and our photographer.  It makes me so excited for the wedding. 

Anniversary

• Options
    Oh I've heard it suggested to get a formal waist up photo for linked in and other business related things

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @blueeyes90 That's very true! I actually just had to submit a picture to a state-wide magazine and didn't have any that were of just me. They all have me and FI or me with friends or me with Dogs/cat. Lol

• Options

In a few of our e-pictures H is wearing a Steelers jersey and I'm twirling a Terrible Towel.  I didn't want the pictures to be overly sports themed (even though I love sports) and they turned out very cute!

We did two outfits (only changed tops) and then technically a third since H put on the jersey.  So I say go for it!

Tell your photographer that you are nervous and want guidance on how to be natural.  Ours had us walk towards her, away from her, then let H get "grabby" with me to get it out of his system.  Not all of them turned out awesome but we did get some good (and natural) pictures.

photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • Options
    We switched outfits a fewtimes: regular clothes, hockey jerseys, football jerseys, and then I had save the date t-shirts made which is what we ended up using on our STDs. 

I absolutely LOVE our jersey pictures. It's really fitting for us because we're really big sports fans and I actually felt the most comfortable when we changed into those!

So, obviously, my vote is a resounding YES, do it! 

• Options
    We still haven't gotten engagement pictures and we've been engaged almost a year and our wedding is August.  We booked our photographer like a month ago and we're doing an engagement shoot with her in 2 months (Memorial Day weekend).

• Options

FI was excited about the T-shirt idea when I told him about it over the weekend. Our photographer told us to think of our hobbies and go with that.

1. Hunting: I'm not into the whole "wear camo and carry shotguns" for engagement pictures thing. FI would love a picture with his guns, but no.

2. Golf: How exactly do we do that? Wear our golf clothes?

3. Baseball: T-shirts, check. House divided, check. Perfect for us.

Thanks for everyone's feedback.

• Options
    eg72 said:

FI was excited about the T-shirt idea when I told him about it over the weekend. Our photographer told us to think of our hobbies and go with that.

1. Hunting: I'm not into the whole "wear camo and carry shotguns" for engagement pictures thing. FI would love a picture with his guns, but no.

Something along the line of this [CLICK HERE] ?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @loro929 That is hilarious!

• Options
    eg72 said:

I never thought I'd do a "hunting" type picture either but when the photog asked about our shared interests, the first thing the came to mind is that we paintball together so, yeah, one of our outfits was in our paintball gear.

Anniversary
  • Options
    beharringtonbeharrington member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited March 2014
    . Double post
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I love the jersey idea! Now I want to do that! FI loves the Mets and I am a Yankees fan, so we definitely have a bit of rivalry going on as well.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options

@beharrington That is really cool! It doesn't look too over the top or anything! My FI and I agreed that he could take pictures with guns with his groomsmen (they all are collects like us)

@pinkcow13 It definitely creates a good type of "tension" in the house. Since the Braves and Red Sox are NL and AL, they don't play each other as often so as long as they aren't we'll pull for eachother's team. I couldn't imagine being a Yankees and Mets household! Lol.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards