Chit Chat
Options

How is New Orleans on NYE?

I need a little bit of advice on this one.

My MOH has been asking what I would like to do for my bachelorette party.  I am not getting married in New Orleans (about 1.5 hours away), but I thought it'd be cool to have a bachelorette there.  All the bridesmaids agreed this would be awesome.  Since I am getting married on 1/3, I thought a New Year's Eve in New Orleans would be fun; again, all bridesmaids agreed.

Now my question is, is this a good idea in terms of crowds?  I know N.O. is a party city like, all the time, so is it a terrible plan to try to do a bachelorette there for NYE?  My MOH has booked a hotel room near the French Quarter, and she wants to get a VIP table at a club or something similar.  We could also do it on New Year's Day, but with the bowl game I didn't think that would be any better in terms of crowds.

I've never been to New Orleans on NYE so I have no clue what it's like...any ladies from NOLA want to clue me in?  Any advice would be cool.

Re: How is New Orleans on NYE?

• Options
    It's pretty crowded.  Plus Jan 1 is the first BCS football playoff game.  Depending on who gets a bid it can be VERY crowded.      If any of the close by SEC teams (i.e.  Alabama, LSU, Texas A&M, Aurban, etc) get a bid it gets down right insane.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    My guess is that you will end up spending twice as much on NYE as you would any other day of the year in NOLA (aside from Mardi Gras or Jazz Fest or something).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards