Chit Chat
Options

Weddings Galore

pinkcow13pinkcow13 member
First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
edited March 2014 in Chit Chat
A few weeks ago I posted about my cousins wedding in which she sent my parents an invitation. It was addressed to my dad and "family." My mom confirmed that it did include my FI and I, along with my 3 cousins from my mom's side of the family (the bride is from my dad's side). The wedding is tomorrow, and FI and I are going to attend, so we'll see how it goes. I don't think she even provided RSVP reply cards. Oh, and every detail of her wedding is on FB. A few hours ago she posted a picture of the invitation with a countdown.

The other day I received a wedding invite from one of my friends. The envelope was addressed only to me. This friend knows that I am engaged and FI and I live together, but okay. Based on what I have read here I think the invitation is not etiquette-friendly. The inner envelope also only has my name in it. The RSVP card  though, states: Accept, Decline, and then a separate line that says: No. of guests. Soooo am I to assume that I can write 2?

And I'd like to add that I told my friend that she should check out TK and the boards here after some comments she had about her wedding, but apparently she preferred WW. 

edit: spelling
                             Anniversary
imageimageimage

Re: Weddings Galore

• Options
    Uh oh.  Bring snacks tomorrow.  Good luck!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am really happy that everyone that I know is either already married or not even close.  I don't think I could handle crappy invites and poorly planned weddings right now.

• Options
    JCbride2015JCbride2015 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2014
    Yeah bring popcorn tomorrow.  As for the friend, this might be snarky, but I would write in 2 and your Fi's name.  She asked how many guests were coming, implying you may bring someone.  Or just call her and ask.  Seriously how could she really invite you without Fi?  FFS.

ETA: Oooooh what if you wrote in, like, 8 guests are coming?  You wanted to bring a whole table full of your friends!  What? She asked.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    If your friend has a sense of humor, you should fill out the reply card like some of the responses in the Snarky Friends thread on Etiquette. I am just waiting for the next wedding to rsvp for my cat.
  • Options
    JCBride2014 and @moemacwed30594 - No lie, but after reading that post on the etiquette board I am seriously considering RSVP'ing for 4. FI, myself, and our 2 kitties.

LOL or if not I will write in 8 guests - she did ask!
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards