Wedding Reception Forum

Wedding Color Conundrum

I hope to get some help here because I have TONS of family and friends and I have yet to come to a decision I am comfortable with... Our January 2015 wedding is 8 months away - we have the venue, I have my dress and we have a "vision" - with one HUGE exception.. WE DON'T HAVE A COLOR SCHEME.... The decor at our wedding is absolutely beautiful which is partially why we are having so much trouble. The colors are neutral and soft and we don't want any thing to "clash" the other problem is I am pretty close to allergic to everything so we need to have a flower-less wedding (I have gotten hives at 2 wedding expos b/c of floral arrangements). Our original date was in November and we loved the idea of a cobalt/persimmon or navy/spice combination, but the more I look at it, the more is screams FALL and we are having a "classic winter" theme. He really likes navy and I like it too, but I just have not been able to come up with complimentary colors that will look nice in the venue. I'm including a link below and hopefully you can see it!!! Any ideas are much appreciated! 

Re: Wedding Color Conundrum

• Well you can do fuchsia, raspberry, yellow, lime green, peach, coral, pink, purple, really anything because navy is kind of a nice neutral.

As for your venue space, don't worry too much about clashing especially if the venue colors are a soft neutral because that just means that anything can really go with it.

• Thanks a million! I'm going to spend the rest of the weekend playing with navy and your suggestions, I may even try and throw two of the complimentary colors in the mix!
  • I know you like navy, so how about navy and gold? That way you can incorporate some neutral tones such as cream and champagne, and still have a rich, warm color scheme to fit your winter theme.
  • Thanks a million! I'm going to spend the rest of the weekend playing with navy and your suggestions, I may even try and throw two of the complimentary colors in the mix!
    A great idea is to go to the hardware store and grab some paint swatches (you could even do this at a fabric store) and mix and match colors so you can visually see what everything looks like together.

A great idea is to go to the hardware store and grab some paint swatches (you could even do this at a fabric store) and mix and match colors so you can visually see what everything looks like together.

The swatches is a great idea, I'm stealing that!

The venue is lovely, I think navy and champagne or gold would go nicely.

• http://www.theperfectpalette.com/search/label/Navy Blue
    The above website might be helpful for creating wedding colour schemes.
  • Thank you @Maggie : It's a dreary rainy day where I am so I am heading to Home Depot to gather some swatches.... @Tila thanks a bunch - the more I browse the venue photos and seen what others have done the more convinced I am that Navy and Gold have to be included ;)
  • Thanks@doey - I really like the idea of adding an icy blue to go with the winter-esque scene!
  • @jackieraf2014 - It is a dreary rainy day here as well.  I do like the idea of navy and gold.  I think if you wanted to add a third color a pretty soft pink would go really well with navy and gold.  Hope you find some swatches that will inspire you.  If you get stuck between some combos just post your ideas on here and we will be glad to help!

• @jackieraf2014 - It is a dreary rainy day here as well.  I do like the idea of navy and gold.  I think if you wanted to add a third color a pretty soft pink would go really well with navy and gold.  Hope you find some swatches that will inspire you.  If you get stuck between some combos just post your ideas on here and we will be glad to help!
    I have a similar color scheme. The guys are in navy and the girls will be wearing a light blush pink. All of my decorations and accents are ivory and gold. My wedding is 12/27/14 and I wanted to stick to a neutral pallette as well!

• I like Navy and Lime Green...
  • @eg72 that sounds BEAUTIFUL! I originally wanted to include hints of blush but my fiance wasn't too keen on anything "pink". He's not fussy and we usually have the same "vision" so I deferred on this one.
    @prettybird - I LOVE the look of navy and silver ESPECIALLY for the touch of winter it adds, but I thought it would clash with the neutral earth tones (lots of beige and champagne and palomino?) http://www.weddingtonway.com/products/after-six-6651-bridesmaid-dress?&sku=sx-6651-palomino This link has a potential bridesmaids dress in it ... it seems to go more with the decor of the place.

@maggie - so far I have that palomino color, navy and I was hoping to add some glittery gold?

I have obviously never planned a wedding, but do you think I should contact our catering hall first to see what our choice of linens would be?

THANKS EVERYONE!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards