Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

invites 6-8 weeks or 2 months ahead

so my wedding is june 28th we need to have final count due 14 days before wedding our invites say june 1st rsvp by should i send out the invites first week of may or should i send them out in april?

Re: invites 6-8 weeks or 2 months ahead

• Options
    Since your RSVP date is June 1st I would send them out in the beginning of April (maybe the 7th or the 14th).

• Options
    8 weeks out is April 22.  I would send them out no earlier than mid-to-late-April.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    hyechica81hyechica81 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited March 2014
    ok cool my mom though has this thing about them being sent out after the bridal shower on the 26th of april  so i think if we waited 4 days we would be ok. she originally told me we will send them out first week of may but thats to late, she also wanted me to put a june 10th rsvp date on it and i said no way that gives me no time to chase the stragglers.

• Options
    I do think the the RSVP date is early.  June 7th would've been more ideal.  You don't need more than a week to chase people down.  That said, send them out 8 weeks before the wedding.
  • Options
    JoanE2012 said:
    I do think the the RSVP date is early.  June 7th would've been more ideal.  You don't need more than a week to chase people down.  That said, send them out 8 weeks before the wedding.
    I read the date as the 22 instead of the 28.  I agree 7th would be better.  You shouldn't need 2 weeks to track down people.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    I'm an idiot and read this post completely wrong.  Even though I said "since your RSVP date is on X" I was thinking that was the wedding date.  Just disregard my PP because apparently my brain was not working that day.

But I do think that you shouldn't be too worried over the RSVP date being a week earlier then it should have been, especially if they are all printed already.  Now if the RSVP date was like a month before you needed final numbers then I would probably tell you to reprint them.  For sending the invites follow what other posters have said.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards