Massachusetts
Options

Frustrated newly engaged bride-venue problems

I'm trying to find a venue for my August 2015 wedding. My parents, as their wedding gift, is paying for the reception. As I am the first of three daughters, I don't want to break the bank. My brother is going off to college this coming fall and the shortly after my youngest sister will be looking at colleges. Originally, my fiance and I didn't want to have them pay for the reception, but now we are possibly buying our landlady's house. I have tried the Summit View Banquet House and have been playing unsuccessful phone tag with them to even look at the place. I left a message with the Wherehouse?, where my parents had their reception, and no call back. The next place I am looking to call is Dockside/Brunelle's Marina. They should be opening this summer so it would be perfect for us next summer. We don't want to have to do the typical banquet hall wedding. It's too stiff and bleh. Any unique or rustic venues around here that won't break the bank? 

Re: Frustrated newly engaged bride-venue problems

• Options
    Have you tried Quonquont Farm in Whately, MA? I'm not sure if they still have any openings for August 2015 they get booked very quickly. They quoted me around $5k not including a caterer. 

• Options
    try the Red Barn at Hampshire College.  Rustic barn and beautiful outside for a summer wedding.   We are getting married at the Garden House at Look Park.  The rental is $2000 which is very reasonable, for room rental only (tables, chairs etc) .
  • Options
    Sturbridge Village, Zukas Farm - I think they are both pretty reasonable!

• Options
    Agreed on Zukas Hilltop Barn- That's where we booked. The property is gorgeous and the wedding coordinator is so nice and helpful! $1,000 to hold your date and everything else is due the day of the wedding.
  • Options
    Update time! Thank you everyone for suggestions. We ended up booking with the Wherehouse? in Holyoke,MA. My parents got married there 26 years ago. They are going through some ownership changes(owners' daughter in law is taking over now that he's older) and love it. The fiance fell in love once he walked in. Perfect for our 1940s theme. Things have just happened all at once it seems for my family and I and I get easily overwhelmed. Hence why I am doing everything super early. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards