Plus-Sized

How many shops?

I made an appointment with a recommended shop for dress alterations, but I was curious how many places you went to get a quote?

I know that pricing can vary from shop to shop so I'm not sure if I should try one more place or just stick with my gut.
Wedding Countdown Ticker}

Re: How many shops?

• I didn't price shop for alterations.  I went with one recommended by my salon and just stuck with it.  It takes some time for a seamstress to pin things up before they know exactly what alterations will be needed (usually).   I wasn't going to have someone pin my dress and then say "ok, um. I'll let you know".  I went for my first fitting and left my dress there.

• my salon has a seamstress in house so they do all the alterations. you could shop around but if she was recommended  as being really good i would not look any further
  • Okay cool. I wasn't planning on shopping around because I'm more of a one stop kind of girl.  I'm glad to see that I won't be the only one sticking to just one shop. :)
  • also another tip is to find out what designers each salon has, so you are not going to 3 different salons and trying on the same designers. you want to find a mix of designers

all designers go up to a 28-32 but some have lines made exclusively for us plus size ladies and they would fit better than say a dress from the same designer that goes up to plus but was made on size 6 prototype model

morilee has the Julietta line for plus
    Boonys line  unforgettable they also have a modest line as well
    allure women  all affordable lines starting around 500
    Kenneth wintson has a line femme but i think he might be a higher priced designer

i went to a shop that carried morilee jasmine and venus ( she now carries bonny)
    then i went to another shop that had maggies, and allures,
  • I actually have my dress already @hyechica81 :)  I just need to get it into a shop for alterations.  Thanks for the tips though!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards