Wedding Etiquette Forum

Rehearsal Dinner/Evening events

Not sure how to handle this and know you ladies are reliable!

We live here in Vegas and are getting married next year. My FFIL has already taken control of the rehearsal dinner/evening before the wedding and has some great ideas planned. We will host the dinner at our favorite BBQ restaurant. For afterwards, he wants to rent a party bus and take us all down to the new High Roller, Stratosphere (for the rides), and make a stop at the sign... he intends to stock the bus with alcohol and pay for catering in the pod for High Roller.

We have 5 members of the wedding party under 21 (my 2 sisters & FI's sister, and 2 jr. bridesmaids). Do we include them in the entire evening, or make the post-dinner events 21+? My concern is that the jr. bridesmaids will tap out earlier in the evening, but we will all be on a bus on the strip so they can't exactly just go home... and to make it fair across the board I wouldn't want to include the other under 21 members. 

We wanted to make it simple for the sake of invitations - "Rehearsal at 5:00pm, Dinner at 6:00pm followed by on-strip festivities" (or something along those lines)... so maybe we could offer an RSVP for the dinner AND for the after dinner events? That way people can opt to attend one or both?

We are open to suggestions!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Rehearsal Dinner/Evening events

• If I were in your BP, I'd appreciate the option to attend either one or both. Rehearsal plus dinner is pretty standard and expected, but the on-going activities might be more commitment than I'd like to give. I'm plenty older than 21 but I still get tired easily, and since this is all the night before the wedding, I might want to call it an early night. That's just me though! 
  • Thanks for the replies! We are definitely going to go with the RVSP option for both :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It's Vegas not jail. They can get a taxi back to their hotel right? But I think it's a little obnoxious to have an event 5 bridal party members won't really be included in.
  • @starmoon44 everyone is local, so a cab ride home isn't very practical or affordable when you're talking going from the strip to most homes in Vegas. I posted with hopes of avoiding members feeling left out, and came to an acceptable solution. Thank you for your post though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'd give everyone (and the parents of those under 18) the option to attend one or both, particularly if there is not a way for someone to leave from the festivities earlier than everyone else.  I'd also really think about trying to estimate an end time for these events. 

I agree with PPs that some people may want to not come, some may want to leave early and it would be good to put out the whole plan in order for people to make a decision.
    Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards