Pre-wedding Parties

Girls Night Out

Ok I've seen a few similar threads but none of them were recent so just wanted some feedback on this because it seemed kind of mixed. My entire bridal party is from out of town, and I wanted to have kind of a girls night out and have fun the night before the wedding. The hotel we are blocking has a really nice martini bar and lounge so I thought it would be nice to enjoy it with friends. Only 2 of my bridesmaids know each other so I doubt anyone is planning anything. But from reading other posts of similar situations, people have said this is rude. 
I didn't have an engagement party or a bridal shower, and wedding planning by myself has been super stressful and not fun at all. I just thought it would be nice to hang out with friends that I haven't seen in a long time (I moved right after college graduation) but after seeing some people's responses to others wanted to have a girls night out, I'm concerned that my friends would think it was rude or tacky.
I definitely don't want to just finish up the rehearsal dinner and go back up to my room the night before my wedding while I have all my friends in town, but if inviting people to come out for a girls night is considered rude, I might just do that. Just wanted some feedback/suggestions. Thanks. 

Re: Girls Night Out

• Thanks, sounds like a good idea! 
  • you are fine to have a "girls night" planned--but yes, do not make it mandatory. Don't call it a "bachelorette party" unless one of your friends offers to take the reigns and plan the girls night. But there is absolutely no harm in saying hey friends lets meet at the martini bar after the rehearsal dinner.

Anniversary
  • I think it'll be fine if it choices up casually and say, hey, anyone up for checking out the martini bar?
  • You are more than welcome to get your girlfriends together any day of the week to hang out with them. This is no different. You just don't call it a bachelorette party if you organize it yourself. You call it getting a few drinks at the bar, just like you would if you went out tonight with a few friends for drinks at a bar. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards