Wisconsin
Options

Ring issue

So when we got engaged we had my ring made down to a 6 since that is what was comfortable. Well that was in Aug. Soon it felt way too big and was slipping off all the time. Went back to the jewlers. He said no you should be in 5.5 so we made is that small. Got it back, it fit fine nothing wrong. Oct comes around and my finger is a tad swollen nothing big. It never went away. A week and a half ago I had a CT Scan done so I had to take my ring off, I could barely get it off. It looked like I tortured my finger to get it off. I didn't put it back on til the swelling went down. Well we aren't even a week later to having it back on and I cannot get it off again. I tried windex, icing it, I keep trying water, not having caffine or salt and nothing is working.

At this point I think I have an allergy to my ring, which would makes sense because I cannot wear necklaces and have a hard time with earrings. But how do I get my darn ring off so I can bring it in, get it bigger, and have a plastic coating on it to prevent the allergy again? HELP!

Re: Ring issue

• Options
    Hold your hand above your head for awhile.  It will pull some of the blood from your hand and bring it down.  Maybe that will help?  Also try some ibuprofen, as it is an anti inflammatory.  Or benadryl if it's an allergy.  Good luck!
  • Options
    You may just want to see a doctor to be sure...esp if you are allergic!
  • Options
    I got it off, finally. One thing that didn't help was that the guy our jewler outsources for sizing read the slip wrong back in Sept and made it a 5 instead of a 5.5. I would have never gotten it sized down to a 5 since  I was weary on going down a half size (6 to 5.5) in the first place.

Now I sit and wait for the owner of the company to call me today and see what my options are. They also said the way my finger looks it is probably an allergy to the metal and that taking clear nail polish to it should help, along with only wearing it at work and taking it off all other times.

I miss my ring!

• Options
    I've been having the same issue with my hand!!! My ring is a 5.75 (Palladium) and sometimes it's REALLY tight and others it's falling off. I blame this stupid Wisconsin weather going between hot and cold making my fingers swell and shrink.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards