August 2014 Weddings

Four Months!

April is here and we are 4 months out. My planning has slowed down for now but I can't help feeling like there's something I should be doing. What are you working on this month?

Re: Four Months!

• Yay for four months left!!  I keep having the same feeling that I should be doing something, but really everything major is covered.  It's really just the little details now.

I printed a sample of our invites yesterday for weighing to see the postage I'll need.  I'm also working on our centerpieces and some little decor things.  I made nearly everything for our wedding and worked on them early on (STDs, invites, table numbers, bouquets, bouts, corsages, centerpieces, etc.) so I have mostly everything done/ close to it.  Oh but we did just order paper lanterns and tissue poms and they come in tomorrow!!  And I finally found a perfect picnic basket the other day for our card box so I've gotta work on making a card sign or something for that.

I'm working on gifts for my bridesmaids and also trying to pry ideas from FI about what all his brothers like so I can help him figure out their gifts.

My mom and I have been looking for coral plates and napkins (we're having BBQ style food in a totally DIY and clean it yourself venue and a picnic style so we're going disposable) and she just recently purchased all our cups and silverware for us!

We have our engagement photos on Memorial Day weekend (I know it's late but we weren't going to even do them originally, but the photographer we booked included the session in the package!), and also cake tasting and tux ordering that weekend while we're in my home state.

Only other thing we have going on is waiting to hear back from the parish when our pre-cana classes will be and also choosing readings for the ceremony.  Also finalizing a caterer (we had three choices and finally picked last night).

Done: Church, reception venue, dress, photographer, photobooth, stationary, decor, honeymoon, hotel block, bouquets, bouts, wrist corsages, table numbers, favors, jewelry, shoes, rings, drinks

Needs working on: Caterer contract finalized, engagement session, tuxes, cake, plates and napkins, bridal party gifts, parents' gifts, my passport

• Yes I totally feel the same way. We're having a DW in St. Thomas so basically everything is already done we just have to shop and show up. It's a great feeling but I'm thinking I'm leaving something out. I'll order the welcome bags, ceremony props (flip-flops, sunglasses) and favor boxes in June so right now we're just getting in shape and anticipating the day.
  • Eeeek I know! I'm so excited but feel like I still have a lot left to do. We NEED to pick out invitations soon - we've barely looked at them and I know the send-out date is going to come up fast. I met with my bridesmaids last week and we picked out their dresses...which was much easier than I thought it would be! Everyone breathed a collective sigh of relief afterwards. :)

I just gave my fiance's grandmother the guest for the shower, who told us the invitations will go out shortly after Easter. That gave us a bit of a kick to finish our registry! It's not even close to done...

Also on our list: choosing our wedding bands. I'm actually really excited for this part! :) My fiance said, "I forgot I get a ring, too!" Lol

Done: Ceremony venue, minister, organist, reception venue, DJ, photographer, florist, my dress/shoes, bridesmaid dresses...and probably several details I can't think of right now...
    In-process: Registry, shower
    Next: Choose invitations, tux fittings, ring bearer box, shop for wedding bands
    Anniversary
  • We got our rings last month! Kind of early I guess but it was exciting. And ordering invitations soon. I looked at them in feb but have to figure out menu choices before ordering them. We have to make a decision on transportation, think about favors and programs, groom and groomsmen attire, and menu... Hopefully lots of that gets done this month so we can really enjoy the fun stuff coming next.
  • All my big boxes are checked. It's down to details of specific songs and stuff now.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards