Wisconsin
Options

Dress Color and Venue

Before we ever found our reception venue (masonic center in Milw, wI ), I wanted eggplant colored bridesmaid dresses. (think deep purple) But now we booked this red/maroon colored room and I was just wondering if eggplant would still be okay or If I should lean towards something that would work with the red better.

We are having an early october fall themed wedding, and nothing has been set in stone except for the venue. I thought the eggplant would make it elegant since the place is quite elegant with rich old woodwork.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Dress Color and Venue

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I feel that you should go with whatever colors you love.  I am having my reception in the same venue, and my colors are orange and hot pink.  In order to obtain the color in the maroon room, I am using LED lightning in my colors that will wash out the wall colors.  Remember, the venue will have the lights dimmed after dinner and there are no windows, so between candle light and the dimmer room, the wall colors may fade away more than you think.  Go with colors you love!  I think the eggplant would look great.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think the red/maroon would work well with an eggplant colored dress, especially (like pp mentioned) when they dim the lights, it's going to look like a dark maroon/black which is similar to purple.

You could always look into lighting options (like pp) to darken the walls to make them more of your color.  But I think eggplant would be fine!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Alyssa0421Alyssa0421 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also think eggplant would look fine with maroon colored walls/carpet. No one will really be comparing the bridesmaid dresses to the venue color anyway. They will blend in with the rest of the guests during the reception.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards