Chit Chat

New shoes!

I wear an SA size 9 (that's about a US 11), which is sadly not a standard size. There are very few manufacturers or designers who make shoes in a size 9 for the South African market, and fewer stores that stock them. That means that finding shoes that fit me is always a mission, and finding cute shoes that fit me is even more so.

When I was a BM in my best friend's wedding in 2011, she wanted us to wear silver heels. I had to order my shoes off Amazon and have them shipped to SA (and pay ridiculous shipping, and pay customs) for my shoes because there were no silver high heels with a closed toe (I can't wear sandals) available in my size locally, except extreme drag queen shoes all covered in giant sequins.

When I find shoes that fit, I usually buy them, regardless of whether I can actually afford them at the time or not. Well, on Sunday morning my MOH and I were wandering around the mall after breakfast, when I was drawn across the corridor by these little beauties:

I dragged MOH into the store to look at them. How happy was I when I found them not only in a large SA 8, but also on sale? Well, if I hadn't been wearing a skirt, I would probably have cartwheeled through the mall! I have no idea when I'm going to wear them, but if all else fails, I'll make an occasion to!
imageDaisypath Friendship tickers

Re: New shoes!

• Those are adorable! I know how hard it can be finding your size, FI's stepdaughter from his previous marriage lived with us for awhile last year and was a size 12, even finding flip flops was a big pain in the ass. Plus I felt bad that she loved all my shoes and I couldn't just share :(
  • Those are awesome! Great find!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Those are awesome!! I have difficult feet too, so I know that feeling of being so excited something fits!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Hot damn! Those are some cute shoes.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I would totally wear the heck out of those, so cute!
    ~*~*~*~*~

• They are seriously the cutest thing I've seen in forever. I was SO excited when they fit and I could actually afford them! I'm still squeeing about it!

I dunno if the brand is available in the States, but if you wanna check it out, it's called "Flone".

I am so tempted to make these my wedding shoes, but they clash so badly with everything else...
  • ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Sigh. There's something about polka dots that makes me feel euphoric. 

Don't know what to wear with them? Sounds like the perfect excuse to go shopping :)
  • Cute shoes! I want! Very adorable.
  • ElcaB said:
    Sigh. There's something about polka dots that makes me feel euphoric. 

Don't know what to wear with them? Sounds like the perfect excuse to go shopping :)
    IKR?!

Anyway, I have plenty of stuff to wear with them, I just don't have any occasion to wear them. Although, I do need to see some potential customers for my content services business... These could work with a plain skirt/paints and a plain blouse. Fun, eye-catching, but still professional?

And I can't afford to go shopping again until I secure some clients and/or a full-time job. :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards