Wisconsin
Options

Fall/winter Brides

Where are you? I think it would be beautiful to have a fall wedding in Wisconsin but was too scared of the weather. So I want to here about your fall/winter wedding plans? Anyone having their wedding right in the middle of the winter? 

Re: Fall/winter Brides

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I wanted mine in the middle of winter but my FI hated the idea. We did end up picking 12-8-12 but after thinking it over I decided I did not want to wait almost 2 years to get married so we moved it up to 9-8-2012.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Stina51286Stina51286 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    We're doing 10/5/13 in GB. My friend did January last year and although it snowed, a lot of ppl showed up and they had some cool snowy pictures plus all the girls that stood up got these cute boots to wear under their dresses.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Our wedding is 10/20/2012 on lake michigan in milwaukee. the ceremony is scheduled to be outside, but can be inside if it is too cold! fall has always been my favorite season, and although there is the risk of it getting pretty cold, there is less of a chance or rain (opposed to summer) :)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would have loved those pictures in the snow! 

jonesma204- I hope you have goodluck with the weather!
  • Options
    gundy21gundy21 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

We loved our snow pictures (e-pics in Feb and wedding in April).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    aimee58aimee58 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're doing 10/27/12. Both ceremony and reception will be indoors, but we're going to do outdoor pics between ceremony and reception. I just love the colors of fall.

Fi is in a wedding this december and the bride is in love with the idea of the snow in pics. I just worry about a crazy snowstorm!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My FI and I are doing December in Madison WI and are so excited!  We know it's going to be cold, and we hope it snows a little... just not a blizzard! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have a friend that got married downtown in Madison in Jan. and her pictures are amazing. But I guess she ruined the bottom of her dress walking outside too much. 
  • Options
    gundy21gundy21 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were lucky that we didn't have accumulating snow for the wedding - but it was cold and windy.  We broke it up into two sessions outside to stay warm - the BP was only in one.  My hair did fall a little - oh well! 

My fav snow pic....

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    katiebakakatiebaka member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    January 21, 2012! FI and I both love winter and it made perfect sense for us. I actually am hoping and praying for snow on our wedding day (I'm a December baby and always wished for snow on my birthday, too). People at my parents' work keep asking them "isn't she worried there will be a blizzard??" and my parents have taken to telling everyone they think that would be my perfect wedding day.

Luckily, the majority of our family lives in SE Wisco. No one is travelling very far, and for those that are more than a half hour drive away, it's not like they've never driven in snow before. Our ceremony and reception venues are pretty close, and our reception is at a hotel--the hotel gave us a great discount for our guests (because when we toured, we asked about a contingency plan in case of a blizzard). From talking with people, even though we have almost no out of town guests, the majority of the 200+ people on my side of the guest list are planning on staying.

We're also doing a cute boots picture with the bridesmaids :) I'm really excited for it haha.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    January 14, 2012. My fiance graduates in December and we didn't want to wait much longer (have been dating for 5+ yrs). I'm not a fan of cold weather but I couldn't pass up the idea of a vintage winter wedding! Plus it's a great excuse to go somewhere warm for our honeymoon!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ohhh, we seem to have a few winter weddings coming up. I can't wait to see all the pictures! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My fiance and I are getting married 2/2/13 (Groundhog's Day!)  I am hoping for snow because they make some of the greatest pictures!  We are having our reception at Maggiano's in Wauwatosa, but are struggling to find a ceremony site.  Anyone have any suggestions???
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    filmsnouveaufilmsnouveau member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I must say... snow does make for some very romantic and beautiful backdrops for wedding photos and video!! I am certainly looking forward to filming some winter Weddings in Wisconsin. They can be absolutely beautiful. (My favorites are definately Fall & Winter)
  • Options
    To Katiebaka... Can I ask where your reception is at?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards