Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

RSVP date?

I know I have a ways to go. I'm just trying to get a feel for the timing of things (and I'll be honest, procrastinating school a bit).

Our wedding is right after Christmas (yay! that still makes me happy!). and our headcount is due 1.5-2 weeks before that day. I don't have the paperwork in front of me right now. I am wondering when I should make my RSVP date and how being around the holidays would (or not) affect this. I'm wondering if things are going to be a bit hectic and I know that some people in FI's family are a bit hard to get a hold of and should adjust for that? I would think I might need 1.5 to 2 weeks to contact people. We have a big guest list (250ish) and both families are notorious for being terrible at responding to invites.

I was originally thinking December 6th-ish and my mom wants December 1st or November 27th-which is actually thanksgiving! (silly mom thinks RSVPs should be due a month before the wedding, but I think with thanksgiving we should give people more time, so the later the RSVP date the better). What do you ladies think?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: RSVP date?

• Options
    If your final numbers are due to your venue/caterer on December 13th then your RSVP date should be about 5-7 days before that, so on either December 6th or 8th.  This way you have a few days to call any stragglers.

As for the holidays I wouldn't be too concerned because your invites will most likely go out between October 27th and November 10th (approximately 6-8 weeks before your wedding) so your guests will get them prior to any major holidays and will, hopefully, send them back before the holiday craziness starts.

• Options
     I agree with the PP! Those time lines look good! We had specific dates to get numbers to our venue as well, & of course, there's always the handful of people who haven't r.s.v.p'd! (So annoying). I've never understood what's so hard about checking off w/e, and dropping it in the mailbox! It's not like you even have to go out of your way to get a stamp. Pet peeve for sure! Lol. :P

*J
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! Just trying make sure things go smoothly, though I know they wont! haha.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    RedJacks25RedJacks25 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited April 2014
    We're wedding date twins! :)

Our final numbers aren't due until 3 days before, but that's Christmas Eve and I'm uncomfortable with waiting until then. We will probably put our RSVP date to be the 12th. That way we have a few days to let a couple more RSVPs trickle in before I need to start calling.

We will send out our invites at the end of October.

ETA: I will probably give my final numbers on the 22nd.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards