Chit Chat
Options

Proud Mama Brag

My daughter expressed an interest in acting last year.  Since then, she has auditioned for several plays at local children's theatres, but has yet to be cast.  In the mean time she is taking acting classes and is planning to do several acting camps over the summer.  She has also had the opportunity to act in 4 short student films, including being featured in an animated short, in which she interacted with an animated character.  Last weekend, she opted to stay a few extra days with me rather than go to her dad's (a first for her) so she could attend an actor expo in our area.  She sat through 3 workshops, then met 4 reputable talent agency representatives.  I kept back and let her do most of the talking.  One of the agencies sent a message to us today that they would like for her to come in and meet with them for possible representation.  Whether she gets it or not, I am so proud of her commitment, maturity, and courage to put herself out there!

/Brag

Re: Proud Mama Brag

• Options
    That's so awesome! I'm really impressed by her dedication to learning to be better at her craft.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    Wow that is awesome!

Anniversary

• Options
    Thanks!  She is so excited!  When we got home, she asked me to practice meeting them so she could work on her hand shake.  She is still working on the basic professionalism of a confident introduction and handshake at the beginning and thanking them for the opportunity at the end.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards