Chit Chat
Options

What's your SO/FI doing right now?

Re: What's your SO/FI doing right now?

• Options
    FI picked up kiddo from school aged care, and went right back to playing Myst, which was probably what he was doing when I called him on my way home.

• Options
    FI is having a come to Jesus talk with his cousin, tonight. I know it is unpleasant for him, but I am so thankful he is doing this for me.  Yesterday, he took dance lessons for me, even though, he didn't care too much about it. (By the end, he admitted it was a lot of fun.) He is going to the gym, this evening, and promised me a back rub, when he gets home. He is also working on getting addresses, tonight.  Thinking he is a super hero!  Love that man!
  • Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    FI just finished his first attempt at home brewing beer. Guess we have 14 days for it to ferment now. Now he's going to the grocery store so he can buy buns and stuff for dinner. I'm being a bum on the couch and letting him take care of me. I had my first iud inserted today so I'm taking it easy.

• Options
    Taking a break from studying to talk to me on FB.  He's minoring in Mandarin Chinese, and there are a few people in the class who already speak it just taking it for the easy A (And absolutely fucking up the curve, making it harder on anyone who WASN'T born in a household where everyone spoke Chinese!) so it's been a rough semester, but he's doing ok.

I understand that it's taking up a lot of time to learn what is being taught in class, but if he doesn't learn all of the mandarin curses used in Firefly soon we're going to have to have a serious talk, LOL.
  • Options
    Sitting next to me on the couch checking hockey scores...
  • Options
    nicoann said:

ckel24 said:

FI is outside finally using his grill for the first time this year. It's all he's been able to talk about all week!

My FI has spent almost a year building a new smoker to cook up some BBQ (he's from TN, so he loves his smoked meats & BBQ). He finally finished building it last weekend. This thing is huge (6-ft. long x 30" dia.) and he hopes to use it to enter competitions in the near future. So, he's been crazy excited all week and anxiously awaiting this weekend for his first attempt at cooking with it. So, I can relate to having a guy all excited about grilling. :)

Omggggg FI would lose his shit over a smoker like that! I have a feeling something similar (though maybe on a smaller scale) is in our future at some point...
  • Options
    FI is currently building his brand new Bowflex with his cousin in the basement. He's pretty excited, but let me tell you they are having a pretty hard time so far....
  • Options
    Yeah. And it was mentioned on twitter. But I feel it might be like the Ashley Tisdale thing. She was on for about 10 minutes between two episodes. Not worth the mention. Happy and Rat just became considered regular cast members.
    I had heard about that. I love Happy. He is awesome. I hope your right about Lea Michele. This doesn't seem like her type of show, however she might make a good temporary old lady for Juice. Lol
  • Options
    Playing l4d2

with me
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Feeding the baby

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Feeding the baby
    LOVE!!! congrats :)

• Options
    Three hours later and DH is still at work. I'm going to bed, so that pretty much sums up our lives.

• Options
    Feeding the baby
    LOVE!!! congrats :)

Thanks

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    FI is playing League of Legends right now. 

I just finished the Tiramisu he bought me. mmmm. 

Anniversary
  • Options
    Mine is printing off directions! We are going camping with a bunch of friends this weekend yay! and also laughing about bird cage veils. He thinks they look like the bags onions are in. haha
  • Options
    We are waiting for call for our interview to give Chef a new sibling.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    He's playing Angry Birds Friends and we're watching Star Wars: The Clone Wars.
  • Options

@WinstonsGirl why are you concerned about finding a mushroom on your plate?

My SO is still at work, and very busy with his project. I am also still at work, as we both work at the same place and carpooled since his car is in the shop. But I cannot do any more work on my project until others complete their parts, so I just have to wait for him to finish.

Mushrooms are disgusting, in taste and texture.  They make me gag and almost throw up.  We had chicken, latkes and stuffed tomatoes, so it was all good.  And a brownie for dessert.  

• Options
    JCbride2015JCbride2015 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2014

@WinstonsGirl why are you concerned about finding a mushroom on your plate?

My SO is still at work, and very busy with his project. I am also still at work, as we both work at the same place and carpooled since his car is in the shop. But I cannot do any more work on my project until others complete their parts, so I just have to wait for him to finish.

Mushrooms are disgusting, in taste and texture.  They make me gag and almost throw up.  We had chicken, latkes and stuffed tomatoes, so it was all good.  And a brownie for dessert.  
    I am allergic to mushrooms.  I once accidentally ate a few bites of pasta with mushrooms in the sauce, and had to go home from work early the next day because I was so sick.  It was a fancy work dinner and I was so embarrassed that the partner would find out I got sick.

No mushrooms for me.

Edited for autocorrect fail.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    lyndausvi said:

What??! How exciting!! I shall live vicariously through your baby bully breath, since FI put his foot down with the 2 dog limit rule.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    FI is sleeping next to me--he is a little under the weather, poor thing.
  • Options
    Niccirf said:
    What??! How exciting!! I shall live vicariously through your baby bully breath, since FI put his foot down with the 2 dog limit rule.
    EEEK..   We only have Chef.   We are trying to get a rescue dog.. Super sweet.   Loves chef. Not a bulldog,. I think this dog is perfect for Chef D.  Interview seems to go good.  We have to wait for the references.  I guess we will see.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Right now, he's probably on his way to the pool to pick up FFIL and head back to work to officially start for the day. He usually puts an hour or so in in the mornings before anyone else gets there. He doesn't get overtime for it, but it reflects well in his performance reviews, which will likely mean a decent increase.
    imageDaisypath Friendship tickers
  • Options
    Right now, FI is probably taking our dog for a walk before he leaves for work. The weather has been fantastic this week, so we're trying to take in as much fresh air as possible!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Options
    FI and I have both been working from home the last two weeks. Just a few minutes ago I looked up from my computer to peek at his, and he was on the internet looking at pictures of table centerpieces in our wedding colors. I love that man.

What's your SO/FI doing right now?

Sleeping.  And I'm very jealous as I sit at my desk thinking about all the work I have to do today.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hopefully he's finished walking the dog and is on his way to work.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Being an asshat. He's all butt hurt because I woke up with a migraine and didn't think we'd be able to leave for Oklahoma today. He doesn't understand the difference between headache and migraine. he thinks I should just soldier through it. I asked him not to put ice in the cooler until we knew I could go, he got huffy and I asked him not to be mad, I didn't plan a migraine. He asked me why I felt I was psychic, and told me that NOW he was irritated. Then he stormed off to tell our friend we weren't coming. Dude we could still leave tonight if this doesn't turn into a 3 dayer, but ok. Sir Pissy Pants needs to get laid or something.
  • Options
    lyndausvi said:
    Niccirf said:
    EEEK..   We only have Chef.   We are trying to get a rescue dog.. Super sweet.   Loves chef. Not a bulldog,. I think this dog is perfect for Chef D.  Interview seems to go good.  We have to wait for the references.  I guess we will see.
    Ah-HA! Gotcha. That's the route we took (Olive is a rescue), too. I'm sure y'all are a shoe-in...keep us posted.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    @jdluvr06 Happy is my favorite too!
    I dont think they are going to give Juice an old lady. He has too much internal turmoil for that.
    I dont know where they would put Lea Michele. They cant make her a cara cara girl because they basically did that with Tisdale and they dont have the space in one season to wrap everything up and give her a subplot.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    Being an asshat. He's all butt hurt because I woke up with a migraine and didn't think we'd be able to leave for Oklahoma today. He doesn't understand the difference between headache and migraine. he thinks I should just soldier through it. I asked him not to put ice in the cooler until we knew I could go, he got huffy and I asked him not to be mad, I didn't plan a migraine. He asked me why I felt I was psychic, and told me that NOW he was irritated. Then he stormed off to tell our friend we weren't coming. Dude we could still leave tonight if this doesn't turn into a 3 dayer, but ok. Sir Pissy Pants needs to get laid or something.
    Ugh, I get so annoyed when people think a migrane is just a normal headache.  The difference between a migrane and a headache is like the difference between a slap on the wrist and being kicked in the stomach.  I feel your pain, when I was in middle school/early high school I had migraines EVERY DAY.  They just acted like I just had a little headache and got all annoyed that I wasn't participating in gym/ devoting my full attention to class and I would just sit there like "dude, you deal with having the same migraine nonstop for a year and tell me how fucking enthusiastic YOU are about paying fucking fake kickball" (we played a lot of real games/sports but modified to be lame and more confusing since they now had extra dumb rules)

They told me I NEEDED to pass gym or else it would hurt my future or some shit.  And you know, they're right, I really feel like I would do a better job at managing this lovely little business if I had only played more kickball when I was 13. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards