New Jersey
Options

Alfred Angelo stores?

I'm interested in trying on some AA dresses, and I looked up their authorized retailers in NJ.  Unfortunately the one closest to me (Alura's in Bayonne) has terrible reviews online and looks really shady on Google Street View.

Has anybody bought or tried on an AA dress in North Jersey?  Where did you go and how was your experience?  If you went to NYC, was the tax worth it for better service or selection?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

Re: Alfred Angelo stores?

• Options
    HobokensFuryHobokensFury member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited April 2014
    Don't go to Alura's, they over charge like crazy. We made the trip to Cherry Hill for ours. My FG couldn't make it so we got hers at Alura's and it cost $30 more then the bridesmaids! The smallest dress cost the most money! (She wore the child's version of the BM dress) If you can make the trip it's worth it to go to their boutique.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Arlene's in Bloomfield and Tina's in Totowa both carry AA dresses.  

That being said, I had a bad experience at Arlene's with a BM dress.  I don't know what their service is like for brides, but I specifically did not go there when shopping for my wedding dress.  
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I also went to the AA store in Cherry Hill.  It was a great experience.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Is the store in Cherry Hill like an outlet that's bigger/ offers lower prices in general? I'm in North NJ and Cherry Hill is quite a trip away! Just want to know if it's worth the trek!
  • Options
    Its not an outlet store, but they carry most if not all of the AA dresses.  They also offer a variety of sizes in each dress to try on, versus other stores that only carry a standard size.  They also tend to run sales and promotions.  When I went, they were having a sale of saving money on the dress and accessories. 
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Sounds like it's worthwhile to go to Cherry Hill-- thanks everyone!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    MnM4ever3 said:
    Is the store in Cherry Hill like an outlet that's bigger/ offers lower prices in general? I'm in North NJ and Cherry Hill is quite a trip away! Just want to know if it's worth the trek!

It's their flagship store so they have every single dress in stock and their is no retailer markup. The also have sales all the time.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards