Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

make your own invites?

Has anyone made their own invitations?? If so how did they come out?

Re: make your own invites?

• Options
    vmj23vmj23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited April 2014
    I did!  I'm happy with the final product but it took me longer than I expected.  I purchased a template on etsy rather than trying to design it myself, but changed the fonts and stuff.  I got pocket folds and cardstock and printed it all myself. The worst part was cutting the cardstock, because they had to be cut exact to line up correctly, so I (actually my mom and brother, I don't have a steady hand) hand cut each enclosure with an exacto knife.  Once everything was cut, it was easy to put it all together.  here is the final product:
  • Options
    jenni1221 where did you get the pocket fold?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I made my own, and was extremely happy with the end result.  

All printing and related products were from Cards and Pockets, envelopes from EnvelopeMall.com.  

I spent under $3 per invite, for something that would have cost me close to $10 from a local stationary/invitation store. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    vmj23vmj23 member
    jenni1221 where did you get the pocket fold?

cardsandpockets.com   .69 cents each. 
  • Options

I made my invites and am currently making invites for my sister (both of us are getting married this summer).

Mine were less formal "passport book" invites for my destination wedding. They were a lot of work, but I only had to make about 30 of them.

For my sister, we are doing more traditional pocket invites, but I am making about 90 of them. She had found a design she liked on Etsy, but they were $6/each.  I did similar design with different fonts and stuff and they cost less than $2/each (I was able to print for free on laser printer at work and didn't charge her for my time).  We bought the pockets & envelopes from cardsandpockets.com (I calculated cost to make pockets myself and cost of just paper was almost same as buying them pre-made).  I bought paper from Michaels, because they had the paper we wanted cheaper (especially when using 50% off coupons).

Definitely plan to put more time into them than you expect. And if you don't already have tools needed to do them, don't forget to include that expense. For both invites I did, a good paper cutter was very useful.  For mine, my other critical tools were a scoring board and a good corner rounder. Plus, if you print at home, don't forget about cost of ink. But, if you enjoy crafty projects, it can be very rewarding. I'm very happy with how both invites have turned out and wouldn't have done it any other way.

• Options
    Nice invites ladies! Where did you get them printed?
  • Options
    wow those invites came out so nice! They look professional. I found a design I like online and ordered a sample. I know a guy who teaches graphic design at a school and he said he would print out my invites for me for $10 but he only has white card stock so I want to get a different color to make a boarder. I'm just nervous about it not looking even
  • Options
    vmj23vmj23 member

hi @kmedeiros89 - if you are going to mount the white card stock onto another color, i def recommend this :  http://www.michaels.com/Scotch%C2%AE-Advanced-Tape-Glider/sb1460,default,pd.html?cgid=products-scrapbooking-adhesives  to glue it.   When I was making my invitations, I was gluing the invites to the pocketfold.  I went though a few of the disposable tape gliders and then ended up buying this with a 40% off coupon...totally worth it.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards