Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

What to do? - Mail Issues

I sent out my invitations over 1 week ago. Most people have not only received them, but have sent back response cards and I've received those; others have not even received the invitation. I think (I hope) that this is limited to the one couple that I know of, but what is the etiquette in making sure that guests received your invite, and what is the etiquette/what do you do if they didn't?

Personal side note...I feel like I can't even blame the mail system since the couple's parents ARE mailmen...of course! 

Re: What to do? - Mail Issues

• Options
    If you only have reason to believe that one invitation got lost, I would wait until your RSVP deadline has passed to call any people from whom you haven't gotten a response. Otherwise it comes off as naggy.

• Options
    Lolo8383 said:
    If you only have reason to believe that one invitation got lost, I would wait until your RSVP deadline has passed to call any people from whom you haven't gotten a response. Otherwise it comes off as naggy.

This.  You assume that everyone gets them, then after RSVP date you contact anyone that failed to respond.  Contacting people before that date to make sure they received the invite really will seem nagging.

If you know that someone in particular didn't get it and it's been a significant length of time, I would confirm that you had correct address, make sure they know the information (date/time), and maybe offer to send them another copy of it if needed.

• Options
    vmj23vmj23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    I had one that was received almost 2 weeks after I sent them, which I sent all at the same time.  I have no idea why, it wasn't even going far.   Anything undeliverable will likely eventually come back to you.  I had one come back to me, probably about 2-3 weeks after I sent them that the address was incorrect.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards