June 2014 Weddings
Options

First Dance Song?

Have you picked your first dance song yet?  What is it?

FI and I just started going through songs this weekend and we are all over the board with ideas.....

Re: First Dance Song?

• Options
    Ours is "Into the Mystic" by Van Morrison 
  • Options
    Ours is "Back At One" by Brian McKnight
  • Options
    Our first dance song will be "You and Me" by Lifehouse.
  • Options
    Not yet.. I gave FI my top four choices a few weeks ago but we haven't discussed anything seriously yet.

Anniversary

• Options
    Ours is Nothing Like This by Rascal Flatts
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I have left this up to J. He has narrowed it down to 2 or 3. I THINK he's going to pick Kenny Loggins' "Meet Me Halfway" 

~*~June 21, 2014~*~

• Options
    "Flowers" by Cross-Canadian Ragweed. He learned it secretly and surpise played it for me on guitar for our first Christmas... <happy sigh>
  • Options
    Ours will be Dancing Shoes by Green River Ordinence
  • Options
    We actually have a song from when we first met many moons ago: Thank You by Dido.  It's so sweet that it makes my FI cry when he hears it.
    20130121-125529.jpg 
      Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ours is Bread- Baby Ima want you. It's been our song since we first started dating and want to continue it to our wedding day. It was the first song he put on my facebook
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    Ours is "Into the Mystic" by Van Morrison 

Us too!! :)

• Options
    "A Whole New World" by Peabo Bryson and Regina Bell. (Yes, the one from Aladdin)
  • Options
    "A Whole New World" by Peabo Bryson and Regina Bell. (Yes, the one from Aladdin)

I love this!  FI teases me and asks if I'm sure I don't want to do "Tale as Old as Time" since I love Beauty and the Beast so much.
  • Options
    Ours is by Bright Eyes, first day of my life... Made FI tear up when he heard it and he never gets sappy like that! It was so sweet
  • Options
    I wanted Everything by Michael Bublé, FI vetoed that pretty quickly and actually chose You're My Best Friend by Queen.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ours is by Bright Eyes, first day of my life... Made FI tear up when he heard it and he never gets sappy like that! It was so sweet

This was one of my picks but FI shot it down.  Right now our front runner is "Stand By Me."
  • Options
    We haven't been able to choose a song yet. FI isn't as "into" music as I am, and s pretty clueless about song titles and artists. He just knows he "likes" something if he hears it on the radio. With most suggestions I've been tossing around, he responds with "I don't know that song". I think our front-runner that we can both agree on right now is "Forever & Ever, Amen" by Randy Travis.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    jalyndani said:
    We haven't been able to choose a song yet. FI isn't as "into" music as I am, and s pretty clueless about song titles and artists. He just knows he "likes" something if he hears it on the radio. With most suggestions I've been tossing around, he responds with "I don't know that song". I think our front-runner that we can both agree on right now is "Forever & Ever, Amen" by Randy Travis.

That's the song our bridal party is walking down to. You cant go wrong with Randy Travis

Our first dance song, i wanted it to be This Woman and This Man by Clay Walker because that was the last song we danced to the first night we met but FI wasnt having it. Only because of the words in the song, so we chose Dacing Shoes by Green River Ordinence

• Options
    Cat Power's "I Found a Reason" - It was the first song we ever danced to together at my college friend's wedding almost 6 years ago.

• Options
    We finally chose our first dance song last night All I Ask of You from Phantom of the Opera

Anniversary

• Options
    We finally chose our first dance song last night All I Ask of You from Phantom of the Opera
    I love this!!!! When I was little I had an obession with Phantom of the Opera and wanted to use a song from them.  But I loved Music of the Night and it never quite worked.  The production is coming to our City this summer and I would love to go...Sadly cheapest tickets are $165 a piece and I've already seen the show four times so we just couldn't justify it....
  • Options
    edited May 2014
  • Options
    Ours is "Golden" by Chrisette Michelle
  • Options
    Kenny Lattimore - for you
  • Options
    amakayebamakayeb member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited May 2014
    "Home to Me"--Sarah Darling (link: http://youtu.be/Z5nQVrwKpS4) Perfect for us, as we met while he was in my current state on an internship, and we were faced with the possibility of moving anywhere in the country. Actually, we are staying put. Right after we learned that, I was thinking about how I've been living here 7 years, but it never felt like 'home' until I knew this was where we would be starting our lives together.
  • Options
    CheleLynCheleLyn member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited June 2014
    So, as I've said, this is something I've left completely up to J. He has changed his mind several times....from Firehouse, Bad English, Kenny Loggin's Meet Me Half Way (which I thought was the final choice). Yesterday while were hanging out with some friends, he pulled up one of our favorite's that is so NOT a wedding song, but is totally the story of us...from the description of how he was feeling leading up to us running into each other again, to me actually walking through the entrance at the beer tent where he was bartending the night we reconnected. Soooo...it isn't wedding-ish...BUT it's totally us...and since we have this whole 80s music vibe going for the reception/party, it fits in a power ballad kind of way.

Love Walked In by Thunder

~*~June 21, 2014~*~

• Options
    You and Me by Dave Matthews Band is ours. Totally fits us.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards